Getting Bit Torrent games to work

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Trans-sane, Sep 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Aquired a copy of Arcanum via Bit Torrent, tried installing it using Daemon Tools Lite (as per a little video on YouTube). The first virutal disk installs fine but the second disk results in problems. On My Windows Vista laptop it seems to install 100% (very slowly) and then flashes up an error message regarding not being able to read Arcanum1.dat file. I have had a similar error with other games which then installed fine on my Windows 7 desktop. So I attempted to install on other computer. Again first disk installs fine but the second disk installs to about 75% and then it hangs and neither the install nor the daemon tools can be exited without resorting to Program Manager.

Any useful thoughts? Anything along the lines of "Sucks to be you" will be as useful as tits on a fish!
  2. msr

msr LE

Don't use pirated software. Easy. No assistance from this C/S.

3. i disagree. pirate stuff to see if its any good then spend your beer tokens on stuff thats worth it. cant assist you with that particular game cos its one of those you dont even need to pirate to know its shit. if what you downloaded doesnt even work then its probably infected with viruses so get rid.
  4. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Well msr, given the game is over 8 years old, is no longer supported as both the publisher (sierra) and the development studio (troika) because both of those companies have been liquidated in recent years, downloading such pirated software is a victimless crime. The game itself hasn't been commercially available for about 4 years, if it was I'd have bought a copy cos that I CAN make work.