Getting away with murder?

I recall a story about 10 yrs ago about a WW2 veteran who knifed his wife to death on bonfire night. The fireworks woke him up and he had some kind of flash-back because of the explosions. His wife followed him to the kitchen and in the darkness he mistook her for a Bosch and killed her with a kitchen knife. I cannot remember if he was jailed or not.

762baynet said:
I recall a story about 10 yrs ago about a WW2 veteran who knifed his wife to death on bonfire night. The fireworks woke him up and he had some kind of flash-back because of the explosions. His wife followed him to the kitchen and in the darkness he mistook her for a Bosch and killed her with a kitchen knife. I cannot remember if he was jailed or not.
He mistook her for some kind of power tool? His head must have been monumentally fcuked up.

Now if I can pursuade Mrs Albertous to go away for a weekend in a camper van, fall out with the locals in whichever place we end up and con, sorry convince, some American quack that I have a sleep problem, sorted. No expensive divorce and I can find a younger model.

Without wanting to predict the outcome if I was on the jury I would be a tad sceptical of the story.

You guys are way too sceptical.... these things can happen you know. Why just the other day i dreamt that the other half had been annoying the shit out of me and that i had punched her up the trumpet. However, when i awoke, i found that the act of punching her had all just been an odd dream.... I had in fact, slammed her bonce in the bedroom door a couple of times and wedged the cat up her aarse!

How we laughed on the way to the ER! 8O

Minnesota_Viking said:
This is not funny. The female Viking keeps getting up during the night and wandering about having hot flushes, I had better hide all the sharp and blunt objects.
You better not sleep with your arrse in the air :x

I'm sorry what were you all saying, only I was having a nap and simultaneously defrauding a bank out of £5 million...which I expect to be exonerated for.

johnboyzzz said:
Minnesota_Viking said:
This is not funny. The female Viking keeps getting up during the night and wandering about having hot flushes, I had better hide all the sharp and blunt objects.
You better not sleep with your arrse in the air :x
8O 8O :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Deep sleep dreaming can be odd, who knows for sure what happened.
I remember dreaming that I was muff diving and when I woke up..I'd eaten the bottom half of the duvet. :oops:

The bloke is innocent. The CPS have, for once made a common sense decision not to press for a conviction. The mans medical record of sleep disorders goes back years.

eodmatt said:
The bloke is innocent. The CPS have, for once made a common sense decision not to press for a conviction. The mans medical record of sleep disorders goes back years.
That's what I call playing the long game. Couldn't he just have got her to sign a pre-nup?