Getting arrested for being drunk....whilst in a pub!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Tartan_Terrier, Mar 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well as the law in the UK actually says that it is an offence to be drunk in a licensed premises 8O

2. Some of the bars in Texas (try Austin or Billy Bobs) do get interesting anyway and the idea that drunks remain inside to cause even more trouble is not a good one.

3. It is illegal to serve someone when they're drunk in England. There you go.

4. I think I'll go and commit suicide but I can only buy 32 paracetamol at a time, I could jump in front a train but there's engineering works so I'll have to find where the alternative bus goes, I could hang myself but B&Q will only sell hanging rope in two foot lengths, take me a month to knock up a good noose, fcuking nanny state.

5. looks like no shortage of bfg on posting preferences coming up

6. These people have had their Fcuking brain fitted back to front. If they did manage to put the legislation through then people would just stock up at home and have private parties. The Pubs would go bust because they aren`t selling any beer and why oh why did they bother extending the opening hours FFS.

Looking from the outside in, the UK seems to be edging ever more toward George Orwells vision!

7. Spooky, am in Texas at the moment- going out for a pint tonight should be interesting!

Have noticed in the local press there's a lot of objection to the current legislation, with some calling it "neo prohibitionism".

Commission officials have said that being drunk in public is against the law, and that any place licenced to sell booze is, (their words) by law a public place-including restaurants that sell so called private memberships to let patrons drink.

8. Very basic:

It is illegal to be drunk and attempt to enter or gain entry into licensed premises.

It is illegal to be served whilst drunk.

9. Not quite. Its illegal to sell alcohol to someone that bar staff believe are drunk. Its all a matter of opinion.

10. I am fairly certain it is an offence to be drunk on licensed premises, in addition to the other offences mentioned.

11. Permitting Drunkenness
    A licence holder, his employee or agent shall not permit any breach of the peace, drunkenness, or riotous or disorderly conduct to take place in licensed premises.

Selling to Drunks
    A licence holder, his employee or agent shall not sell alcoholic liquor to a drunken person.

Procuring Alcohol
    No person in licensed premises may procure or attempt to procure alocholic liquor for consumption by a drunken person, nor aid a drunken person to obtain or consume alcoholic liquor.

Drunkenness in Licensed Premises
    - It is an offence for any person (other than a resident) to enter or attempt to enter licensed premises while drunk.

- It is an offence for a person to be drunk and incapable of taking care of himself in licensed premises, while not in the care and protection of a suitable person.

12. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Absolutely.

Unlike the driving legal limit, which is rigid for a very good reason, there is no limit on how much alcohol one must consume to be classified as "drunk in a public place". It is simply down to your behaviour at the time, if you are obviously not in full control of yourself then the bar staff are within their rights to refuse service and expell you from the premises

13. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Also completely correct, but with a lot more legalspeak!