• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

getting acting sgt for a postiing

i,am getting acting sgt for a posting, i,am on level 4 cpl, wot level will i go on as acting sgt, also when i come back from the posting can they demote me back to cpl, how can i stop them from doing that ? will doing the snco clm help ? ( i,am in the infantry goin to a RLC training depot cheers for your help

jonah1163 said:
i,am getting acting sgt for a posting, i,am on level 4 cpl, wot level will i go on as acting sgt, also when i come back from the posting can they demote me back to cpl, how can i stop them from doing that ? will doing the snco clm help ? ( i,am in the infantry goin to a RLC training depot cheers for your help
If you are "acting Sgt." not "local Sgt." then i thought you were usually promoted after 6 months doing that job? If its "local" then i believe you will revert back to your substantive rank. How long is the posting??

*edited to add, you should enter 1 pay-band up from your current pay.

Also if your doing the job of a Sgt. you will probably be promoted fairly quickly anyways.

............... and while we are still at it, God, as commander in chief of all things, awarded himself a capital "G" but he didn't extend the honour to the recruits that you will be teaching.

"Oh God. Let us hope that they send you to grammar school before they send you to teach recruits."

:D

HappyNomad said:
............... and while we are still at it, God, as commander in chief of all things, awarded himself a capital "G" but he didn't extend the honour to the recruits thatt you will be teaching.

"Oh God. Let us hope that they send you to grammar school before they send you to teach recruits."

:D
Blasphemy is a victimless crime.

Latest Threads