Getting a medal!!!!!

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by mollzers, Mar 10, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In the same telic 1 boat mate, My unit forgot i went (they shall remain nameless but lets say they've had a couple of mentions on here the last few days). After hassling clerks at 3 different units it looks like mine is slowly getting sorted.

2. Did you know that "Mr Caplin" is an annagram of:

Liar McPn

Don't know what McPn means.

3. still waiting for mine from op telic 1 as well.

4. smells like shite to me. we get them passed on to us by the ord sgt (we are regs)

5. SK: Hello Chief, has my medal arrived yet?
    Chief: Yeah here it is SK, sign here pls.
    SK: Cheers chief

SK

6. Signed for my NI medal from the pay SSgt in 1982.

Kosovo medal came in the post after I had left the unit with which I had been serving.

In summary - your clerks ar talking b*llox unless something has changed in the past few years.

7. NI gong - passed on by a girl who'd walked past the clerks office and been asked to drop it off at my room
    NATO Boz - medal parade on heli-pad in theatre
    No2 for Boz - presented by Dutch Gen in theatre
    ACSM - presented at a huge lash up in unit bar in NI
    LSGC - passed over Adj desk
    QGJM - picked up at Ord Sgts office
    OSM Sierra Leone - Ill tell you if it ever turns up
    Iraq Medal - Ill tell you if it ever turns up

8. Presented my arrse! We got our NI gong during tour with the post round!

mollzers.... sorry chap but I smell a rat :?

9. Ooooh lets not talk about NI medals, after leaving the unit that forgot I went on Telic I went to ireland, Yep guess who still hasn't got his NI medal cos his new unit never put in for one for him. Have i upset somebody?

10. Still not getting

Telic 1
    ACSM

only one presentation and that was in theatre for Boz '93 outside the bubble at Divulje Bks the night before we flew home.

11. [quote="

I am still waiting for an iraq medal from the start of telic 1.

I know i am in the same boat as alot of others, but whilst badgering the man in the admin office I was informed that I couldnt have it if it came!

Apparently it has to be presented to me!

Can anyone shed any light on this as I have a few others and none of them have been presented, just signed for!!!

Is this a new rule?? or is he misinformed!

quote]

Furstly, you only have to sign for them not be presented them unless the CO really fancies airing off his service dress, but who gives a toss, medals dont pay the bills. Would rather have a pay rise than any of my dust collectors.

12. I have heard of one soldier that applied through civie channels ( was doing a non green job) and got it in a month !

Guess the government don't want their journo mates to miss out on their Telic medal.

13. Any news of transfer to new Medal Office? Most unlike me I know, but I am about to get bad tempered.