Getting a Driving Licence

Pagan-Image

Old-Salt
The gentleman in question is either:

a. a genuine fcukwit
or
b. a belligerent old bugger

either way he has driven since he was 12, never had a speeding ticket, never had an accident or given cause to the police to pull him over.

Give the old git a licence.

I have more of an issue with him not having insurance, so slap 12 points on the licence.

Unreal he must have been getting your car has no tax emails or letters from DLA surely
You presume that he returned the registration dox to Swansea in the first place.

Plod silent on that. No amount of ANPR will pick up an unlicensed twat in a taxed/insured/MoT'd vehicle
He never had insurance either.

Appalling.
Should have his licen...erm...endor....um........
The old krunt needs put off the road permanently.
Harsh? He rams your new EuroBox in Tesco and makes off......and you?? Do what?

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
This is more of an indictmet of how few traffic cops there are on the roads.

Did he ever go through an ANPR camera? May never have been on a motorway?

964ST

LE
Was the Three door Mini One of these? The quintisential "Doddering Pensioner" weapon of choice?

1643386271417.jpeg

Chef

LE
Plod silent on that. No amount of ANPR will pick up an unlicensed twat in a taxed/insured/MoT'd vehicle
From the article:
'Nottinghamshire police officers said they just happened to pull over the man driving a three-door Mini One in a Tesco Extra car park in the market town of Bulwell on Wednesday.'

So did he do something to attract their attention or do Notts police now operate an arbitrary 'Papers bitte' system?

As they don't say why they pulled him the reference to ANPR seems a bit conflationary.

Blogg

LE
From the article:
'Nottinghamshire police officers said they just happened to pull over the man driving a three-door Mini One in a Tesco Extra car park in the market town of Bulwell on Wednesday.'

So did he do something to attract their attention or do Notts police now operate an arbitrary 'Papers bitte' system?

As they don't say why they pulled him the reference to ANPR seems a bit conflationary.

Obvious candidate for them

Chef

LE

philc

LE
Getting a driving licence might have been a good idea for this bloke

My Grandfather never took a test, just got a licence and taught young squaddies during WW2 how to drive Bren Gun Carrier's and ride Motorbikes, to be fair he was a rubbish driver though.

Bordon/hants

War Hero
More common than you would imagine I would say in rural areas where there are no cameras / never see the police, I even heard at work a few years ago about an old boy who trundled into town along the lanes once a week in his old series to do the weekly shop and had not been insured or much else for 40+ years, he never got caught, just told some family member after he had stopped driving in passing conversation.

It's like Hot Fuzz around here;

"Dunno what all the fuss is abount mind, I only uses her betwixt the fields and once a week fer shoppin' why wud I waste my money on that insurance makarky if Ise is careful loike"

Obviously a lot of rural seasonal "helpers" are the same, you can get a decent looking old banger these days for not much, and if you do hit someone, just leg it off across the fields as there will be no clue to the owner in the way of any documentation.

Biggest balls up ever was when they lost the tax disc and did not go the plate route, but put reliance on ANPR, which is great if the plate actually belongs to the car it is supposed to, or there were loads of traffic cars with it.

When they invent a camera that will catch pisheads, bad drivers, tailgaters, lane hoggers and all the main reasons for crashes, I will STFU.

Last edited:

Latest Threads