Getting a CMT(V) some time in an A+E dept

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by msr, Mar 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. msr

    msr LE

    Can anyone point me in the right direction for getting a CMT(V) some time in a local A+E dept? Is it possible and has it been done before?

  2. Hi msr,

    Where is local?

    I know in the past TA medics have managed to work for a couple of weeks in lieu of summer camp in their local MDHU. Thought it was a good idea myself. Worth a try for sure.
  3. have you tryed frimley park? med ctr at citc, bovy? brecon? :)
  4. msr

    msr LE

    Local = Bolton
  5. Ask your PSI ;)
  6. msr

    msr LE

    RMO, surely ;)

  7. is there no attachments within the system?
  8. Hi msr,

    Surely the unit he belongs to has Docs/Nurses working in a local hospital who could sort something out for them? It is however, getting more and more difficult to get placements for non-trust employees. Recently I had to help get permission from the Trust's solicitors to continue providing clinical placements for trainee paramedics as they are not employed by us! Wasn't looking promising either until we reminded them that we don't directly employ student nurses either but we let them deal with patients.

    If he just wants to observe it should be achievable, if he wants to play then I think it's a non-starter.
  9. msr

    msr LE

    She ;)

    And no, we are artillery...
  10. Don't know if this has been tried before but why don't you push her infront of a moving car. Owt else give me shout.
  11. Best you get your PSI to link with the nearest Med Unit PSI

    They should have placements on the go in either A&E or on the Ambi's.

    This cannot be done as a 'favour', it all has to be above board due to Clinical Governance requirements etc.

    and dont forget to get your competencies filled in also
  12. When I was at Frimley I would sort out placements for TA ODPs in theatres, this would also count as their annual camp.
  13. If she is who you are using as your picture then I'm sure I could sort something out for her :twisted:

    From memory, there is a fair sized Medical unit in Preston who should be able to point you in the right direction. No MDHUs near you, so may mean a bit of travel to Nothallerton or B'nam. Unless Preston have any local agreements you will not get anything closer.
  14. Most of the above is either misleading or funny (nothing wrong with that........).

    You need to speak with AMD Pers/Trg or 2 Med Bde CVHQ (they have personel scattered around the UK in similar positions). Whatever else you do, make sure that your Regional Bde HQ are tied in (along with DRA) and that someone has accepted the risk (CO).
  15. msr

    msr LE

    Surely the ones to accept the risk are the NHS....