Getting a bite out of Pte Joe Glenton

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by sgnsty, Apr 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Also in the Int Cell, thought I'd throw it in here as well.

Trawling the Guardian website as I often do, (know your enemy) I was interested to read this article by everyones favourite former serviceman.

Why I refused to return to fight in Afghanistan's brutal occupation | Joe Glenton | Comment is free |

I manage to get a bite out of him on page 6 of the comments.

(At least, i hope its him.)

Its still open if anyone fancies having a word as well.

Also interested to hear he is bringing out a book.
  2. You really, really, really need to get out more. Cunt.
  3. Fair one.

Although coming from the man with over 3000 posts to his name that is pretty good value.

Oh yeah nearly forgot.... Cunt.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. That's not me on the Guardian comments page, and you would have to try a lot harder than that to get a nibble out of me.
  5. is this the twat who went AWOL to Oz and then claimed to be a conscientious objector a couple of years later?
  6. The coward? Yes
    • Like Like x 2
  7. This needs to go in the hole.
  8. His own.
  9. Andy_S

Andy_S LE Book Reviewer

Legs, you are judgmental and prejudiced.

There will always be wimps, big girls' blouses and cowards in society, but we must find a way to ensure that these heretofore despised minorities are granted the opportunity to live rich, fulfilling lives.

Naturally, if they want to join the bold ranks of HM's infantry, they should be encouraged to do so. Of course, if that means they fill their trous during bayonet training, go all-a-quiver on the ranges and - naturally! - leg it to the opposite side of the world when deployment orders are posted, so be it.

Kindly broaden your thinking. This is the 21st century.
  10. :judge:
  11. Of course people have a right to be a concscientious objector. It's called "deciding NOT to enlist and become a soldier".
  12. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

13. Well even cowards like a tan I suppose?

"Joe Glenton, Conchie and Loving it!"