Geting driving lessons

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Al_PacinO, Aug 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm 16 going to Bassingbourn in September and going to be a joiner in the royal engineers. Anyone any idea when I will get them or if I will get them is more to the point and what license's will I get. Any help will be appreciated.

2. You wont be able to get your driving licence till your 17 at least (including LGV) if your CEG permits you to get it for the trade your going for.

This is after you have done phase 1 at Bassingbourn, Phase 2 Cbt engineering at minley then your trade related job.

3. Thanks mate was just thinking about how I will get them because I wont have time to do them if I'm training will there be a chance after training to do it ?

4. Although your phase 2 training will mainly emphasise on Combat Engineering and your chosen trade to be a joiner, part of the training, depending on your trades requirement for you to drive, will be for you attend the Defence School of Transport at Leconfield, where all your licensing requirements will be made available to you prior to joining your unit. However if this is not the case, your unit on arrival may require you to hold the relevant licenses, depending on their role, whereby they will in due course bid for the relevant training to enable you to drive.

Things are always changing and different units require different skills. My advice to you, is get your phase one training out of the way and you will be told about the rest in due course.

5. OK thanks for the help.

6. Dare I say the word, after you're CBT Engr course you will go to Talevera troop where you do shit jobs, gaurd and get your car licence. There is not set period of how long you will be in the troop for.

7. Have Bassinbourn still got those really Shite scooters. Went to a passout there once and they were doing a display. Christ the white helmets were nothing on this lot. not!!