Get your short video on Channel Five News

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by lauraw, Feb 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Channel Five News is planning to do a series of stories about Iraq. We would really like to get anyone serving in Iraq to make a short video for us for our ‘Your News’ section of our news programme and website.

Your News is a part of our programme and website where real people in the community air their videos about their experiences, local issues, campaigns etc and is an important part of our news output.

The videos would only need to be a couple of minutes long and could easily be filmed by mobile phone, digital camera etc.

The film could be about who you are, where you are, what you're doing, how you're feeling – anything you want it to be about. The films could be made by anyone in Iraq serving in any capacity – they would all be very interesting.

We’ll also give those that do go on the television £100.00 too.

The video can be uploaded via our website www.five.tv/news, sent by MMS to +44 (0) 7729 555 555 or emailed to me directly laura.wilshaw@bskyb.com. They can also contact me directly on +44 (0) 20 7800 2749.

They can see our website at www.five.tv/news where we have a different Your News video every day.

2. How about another £100 to Combat Stress as well?

3. Why will you email me a video of you back?

4. Yes you too could have Kate Gerbeau completely mess-up the discription of your video along the lines of "And here is a vlideo from some solders in Irania stewing their dally tanks"

How the fcuk that stupid woman got a job as a newsreader I'll never know.

5. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I have a video you could have.

It's recent and relevant - and deals with troubles we regularly face in Iraq.

Please PM me for details..

The nation needs to know the horrible truth abouth what happens when you you are wanking in a thunderbox in 55+ degree heat, and someone rips the door open and throws a box of sand and camel spiders in, then barricades the door shut.

6. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

perhaps this should be seen as an opportunity to show what it's really like on ops, and contributors could always ask Channel Five News to donate the £100 to Combat Stress.

7. :D I think that shouldn't just be on C5!! Youtube!!

8. Bit too risky going over there yourself I presume , at £100 a pop its cheap way to fill airtime I suppose....
    WW

9. Diolch yn fawr VB, my point exactly, perchance I could have worded it more succinctly!

10. videos of a WRAC uh oh

11. What about AFG?

12. What about a home video of Bliar's next trip, but with some real commentary from the cameraman and his pals?. Including background info on how (limited) free time has been reduced just so that Bliar can get his spin on air.

13. FFS you state "Real people in the community". Are you fcuking real ,is that your perception of this ongoing conflict . You also state "local issues" ,what is local about downtown Baghdad,all you are after is a cheap bit of news.Get of your arse and get over there and get the news yourself FFS.