Get Your Lucky Fanny Pads Here!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by JoeCivvie, Jul 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Out in Oman working with divers from Bahrain, we used Dr Whites Sanitary Towels ( having had them flown in specially) as the filter element on the diving air compressor. Apparently this is an alternative to manufacturers filters which can be difficult to obtain in theatre. Sanitary towels are available EVERYWHERE, even in places where there are no women, apparently.
  2. some contain a substance called aerogel which is an amazing chemical. Apologies for the cut paste, but it fascinates me,

Aerogel is a synthetic porous ultralight material derived from a gel, in which the liquid component of the gel has been replaced with agas. The result is a solid with extremely low density[SUP][1][/SUP] and thermal conductivity. Nicknames include "frozen smoke",[SUP][2][/SUP] "solid smoke", "solid air" or "blue smoke" owing to its translucent nature and the way light scatters in the material; however, it feels likeextruded polystyrene (Styrofoam) to the touch.
    Aerogel was first created by Samuel Stephens Kistler in 1931, as a result of a bet with Charles Learned over who could replace the liquid in "jellies" with gas without causing shrinkage.[SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][4][/SUP]
    Aerogels are produced by extracting the liquid component of a gel through supercritical drying. This allows the liquid to be slowly dried off without causing the solid matrix in the gel to collapse from capillary action, as would happen with conventional evaporation. The first aerogels were produced from silica gels. Kistler's later work involved aerogels based on alumina, chromia and tin dioxide.Carbon aerogels were first developed in the late 1980s.[SUP][5]

3. So correct me if I'm wrong, Taiwanese women wanting to get pregnant use another birds used jam rag?

Does Taiwanese cock no longer work?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  4. Apparently, Taiwanese "tradition" dictates that pregnant women can "share their luck" - increasing another's chances of bearing children - by passing on unused towels or tampons.

Otherwise the 'Ewww' factor would be off the scale.