Get you home pay

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Sean63airbornesqn, Jul 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I'm posted to Warminster in September and my girlfriend and I are moving into a house in Trowbridge. It's a out 11 miles away from the camp, how much get you home pay would I get and who do I speak to to get this?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. You'll not get much - the allowance starts at 9 miles away from work for a private residence and you only get it one way. It's like that because it's your choice to live there...

    Funny enough, the Admin Office is your first port of call - but you're a bright young thruster so you knew that anyway...
  3. Enjoy Warminster, I was there for 4 yrs. Enjoyed my time there. Not sure Trowbridge would of been at the top of my list of places to stay though. A few nicer places around that area
  4. Lateral thinking - By posting on here with a username like Sean63airbornesqn, his admin office already know what he wants when he eventually walks through the door.

    Quite clever, really. :grin:
  5. You wont get any GYH allowance (to claim GYH(T) the property must be a minimum of 50 miles from your unit) - whay you might be entitled to is HDT (Private) provided you can provide the documents listed in the JSP 752 (namely, Council Tax Bill, Rent agreement which must have your name on it and/or utility bills for the property) You will pay a 9 mile personnal contribution each way which will cost you approx £27 a month. Hope this helps !!!
  6. Thanks for the heads up!!!
  7. No need for all of the documents, eg, Council Tax etc. They are only needed for GYH, not HDT, unless the unit insist on them.
  8. Rod924

    Rod924 LE Reviewer

    Was this not known as Respod?..............fecken memory!!!!!
  10. Rod924, Yeah ... seems they didnt like the name (apparently it was a little too ambiguous).... so it was renamed at Home to Duty (HDT) ... still, it kept someone in a job for a week whilst they thought of a new name !!!!
  11. sirbhp

    sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

    christ mate , dont ever get a job in civy street will you ?
  12. **** that!!! I'm in the army unroll they tell me to leave!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Rod924

    Rod924 LE Reviewer

    Good, my memory is ok after all! But I can see why Residence to Place of Duty is ambiguous as opposed to Home to Duty! Or, does this show a simplification in line with the falling education standards of the last 15 years? Discuss.
  14. My thoughts on the regular army have been confirmed - institutionalised and stuck in a benefit culture. If a civvy goes to work in a company car then he/she is taxed on the mileage, and certainly cannot claim from the Boss their mileage or bus fares. So why should you? 'Scratter' - a Yorkshire name for a 'waster'
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Unless you're an MP, of course, in which case you can claim residence to duty. About a dozen times if you want. And it doesn't even have to be from your own home!