Get With the Programme!!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Rocketeer, Jul 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What the hell is going here?.. Everybody jumping in and opening threads on the same farkin' topic..

two on the nutter who used nail clippers on his willy.. three on the pensioner who slugged a crook and gawd knows how many on Michael Jackson's long overdue shuffle off..[ okay, he deserves as much derision as possible, but all the sh*t could have gone in one thread..]

Read before posting FFS!!..

okay.. rant over... its a national holiday where I am and I've had one too many fruit punches and almost choked on the tiny umbrella..

my apologies.. but..
    if you can ..scan.. before blabbering and blithering.. there's only so much band width.. and I have only so much time to waste

2. You're the second person who's started a thread like this.

3. I beg to differ - you've obviously got loads.

4. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Euphemism?

5. sixty:

I believe you have me mixed up with jarrod.

euphemism , indeed.. I speak the truth, though slightly blurred of speech due to much imbibation of spiritous liquors in honour of my nation's Burfday...

6. Couldn't your nation have had its birthday on a Friday or Monday, allowing for a proper three-day bender?

Wednesdays are a bit rubbish in terms of getting properly ming-monged on a public holiday.

7. Sadly, it is " date specific' ,under the law it must be July 1st.. kinda like Mexico Cinco de Mayo.. wouldn't sound right if one celebrated 5th of May on the 7th would it?

still, a good many folks have eschewed the midweek festivities and traded off with their less patriotic confreres or their foreign HQ has given in to the the rapacious need to make a buck and allowed the local subsidiary to' transfer' the holiday [ despite contrary to national law] to either the previous Monday or the following Friday just so their employees can get properly bladdered without remorse..

As I am a corporation of one, and a staunch nationalist, I am getting blotto in accordance with Federal law and preparing to go burp my appreciation of taxpayers' dollars being squandered on incidiary displays of colourful explosives while oogling the scantily dressed teen Britney clones and listening to the junior set ooh and aww at the coloured lights in the4 sky while grandma waves a sparkler and the yoofs of the area set their hands and faces on fire by trying to hold onto Roman candles and fire them from the hip..

fun and games...