Get the beers in and watch the fun

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by FORMER_FYRDMAN, Aug 31, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Labour braced for Blair memories - AOL News

The beloved and much-missed Labour Party is scheduled for more fun and games, starting with St Tony's interview with Andrew Marr this evening and continuing with the launch of his book tomorrow. I look forward to the spontaneous displays of solidarity and fine feelings that will surely follow. Any views on how much damage the comrades are going to suffer as a result of this? Ashie - will you be buying the book?
  2. Ashie and Whet were the first 2 customers.

Can we set up a 'who can spot a truthful statement' thread for this tome.I suspect the truth will be thin on the ground in this book.

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

P. J. O'Rourke invented a game where people competed to find the most banal comment in Jimmy Carter's memoires. With the nights drawing in, that might be a way for Tony to boost sales.
  4. Great.......My hamster needs new bedding.
  5. pound for pound Tesco Value arse wipes are:

a. A better read
    b. Not going to be covered in as much shit
  6. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

the only thing that wont be spun and be full of self-serving bulls**t in this thing will be the ISDN number in the front. it'll make a Clive Cussler book seem plausible and thoroughly grounded in reality.
  7. Anybody expecting a thought-provoking and probing interview should remind themsleves that, when at Cambridge, Andrew Marr was known as Red Andy.
  8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Who's T Blair?
  9. I think he mean T Bliar from Zanuliabore NuArbeit ....... or something.
  10. This appalling little man is crying crocodile tears and acting his black heart out in an attempt to be understand and sympathised with.

It was reported yesterday that Blair expresses a desire to become Pope; that he had a blazing row with the Queen because she called Cherie 'quite dreadful; and that he described Brown as: 'the Anti-Christ'. Sadly, the report was a spoof - but not far from the truth I hazard a guess.

Blair is a spineless, gutless, unpleasant worm; his repellent successor is the worst thing that ever happened to Great Britain. 'Twixt the two they have ruined nearly everything was once was good in the country.
  11. Jeebus, lie down man - you're going to burst something!
  12. Lsquared - Arrse's very own "Major Misunderstanding" (Viz character)
  13. Well said that man.
  14. On breakfast, puke. Sounds like it wasn't me it was him, he made me honest. Looks a bit mad around the eyes