Get Somme Arrse 12-15 Oct 2012

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by oldbaldy, May 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Tour is now confirmed.
    Dates as shown 12-15 October.
    We will be staying at Chavasse Farm this time, Snowdon House is not available.
    Chavasse Farm

This years October Somme tour will feature new walks for the Saturday of the tour. in brief walk one will start at the infamous sunken lane at Beaumont Hamel and feature the Redan Ridge and ground north of Beaumont Hamel, the objective of the 4th Division on the 1st July. After lunch at John and Alisons the afternoon walk will start at Pozieres and take in the villages of Courcellette and Matinpuich finishing at The New Zealand Memorial. It will be looking at the battle of Flers Courcellete starting on the 15th September 1916, the first use of tanks.

Sunday morning will feature a whole morning at The Glory Hole looking at the work just done. There is now have a safety chamber over the shaft so people can look into it. A lot of surface archaeology focussing on features such as the farm and trenches has been done. Recently the bodies of 2 French soldiers were discovered.
    La Boisselle Study Group
    After lunch the remaining Sunday afternoon will be spent visiting sites on the Somme that others have not been to.

FM will get a more detailed itinerary out closer to the time

Cost of the tour is £80, to include accommodation for 3 nights and a short sleeved rugby jersey with our Mr P logo.
    Transport is under own arrangement but it is usually possible to fix people up with a lift.
    As usual I'll add people to the confirmed list once I have their payment. Contact me by PM for details of how to pay.

Confirmed

Oldbaldy
    Mrs Baldy
    Flyingmonkey
    Howard
    Firework Phil

2. My wife will pay mine and nelsons cabin boys money in tomorrow, as i shall be away, looking forward to it.

3. Chavasse House...nice. Bedroom 3 is very comfortable.

4. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

Tour is now confirmed.
    Chavasse Farm
    This years October Somme tour will feature new walks for the Saturday of the tour. in brief walk one will start at the infamous sunken lane at Beaumont Hamel and feature the Redan Ridge and ground north of Beaumont Hamel, the objective of the 4th Division on the 1st July. After lunch at John and Alisons the afternoon walk will start at Pozieres and take in the villages of Courcellette and Matinpuich finishing at The New Zealand Memorial. It will be looking at the battle of Flers Courcellete starting on the 15th September 1916, the first use of tanks.

Sunday morning will feature a whole morning at The Glory Hole looking at the work just done. There is now have a safety chamber over the shaft so people can look into it. A lot of surface archaeology focussing on features such as the farm and trenches has been done. Recently the bodies of 2 French soldiers were discovered.
    La Boisselle Study Group]
    After lunch the remaining Sunday afternoon will be spent visiting sites on the Somme that others have not been to.

Cost of the tour is £80, to include accommodation for 3 nights and a short sleeved rugby jersey with our Mr P logo.
    Transport is under own arrangement but it is usually possible to fix people up with a lift.
    As usual I'll add people to the confirmed list once I have their payment. Contact me by PM for details of how to pay.

Confirmed

Oldbaldy
    Mrs Baldy
    Flyingmonkey
    Howard
    Firework Phil
    Guzzler
    Guzzler +1
    Nelsons Cabin Boy

5. We´re in,money´s in the post today

6. but whose is it?

7. Mine or it was=-D

8. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

Tour is now confirmed.
    Chavasse Farm

La Boisselle Study Group

Confirmed

Oldbaldy
    Mrs Baldy
    Flyingmonkey
    Howard
    Firework Phil
    Guzzler
    Guzzler +1
    Nelsons Cabin Boy
    Donkey walloper
    Cab-scab
    Hillwalker
    Hillwalker +1
    Stanley1975
    jamdonut

9. BOOM.... I am back from sunnier climes..... And yes yes yes to another ARRSE Spectacular... Just need to speak with the Frau, but pretty much you can count me in. OB please PM the usual details for me to send the cash.... Looking forward to seeing you all again very soon. Hopefully Bohsman will be in attendance although he is blighty bound so no Deutsches beer and Bratty's this year :(

10. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

11. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

& on the Meridian Video there is Flyingmonkey looking like a builder!!

12. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

Tour is now confirmed.
    Chavasse Farm

La Boisselle Study Group

Confirmed

Oldbaldy
    Mrs Baldy
    Flyingmonkey
    Howard
    Firework Phil
    Guzzler
    Guzzler +1
    Nelsons Cabin Boy
    Donkey walloper
    Cab-scab
    Hillwalker
    Hillwalker +1
    Stanley1975
    jamdonut
    Tiger-Monkey2
    The Big Floater

13. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

Tour is now confirmed.
    Chavasse Farm

La Boisselle Study Group

Confirmed

Oldbaldy
    Mrs Baldy
    Flyingmonkey
    Howard
    Firework Phil
    Guzzler
    Guzzler +1
    Nelsons Cabin Boy
    Donkey walloper
    Cab-scab
    Hillwalker
    Hillwalker +1
    Stanley1975
    jamdonut
    Tiger-Monkey2
    The Big Floater
    Tiger Stacker

14. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

The time is getting close when I must place orders for the shirts & finalise accommodation.
    The last shirts took 6 weeks and so I want to order before I go.
    A couple of people have said they want to attend & then fallen silent.
    If they really do I need to know.