Get ready for Tonys spin.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by EAGLE1, Oct 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I can almost hear his brain strain.

'Tony Bush' sorry I mean Tony Blair will -as I write be thinking of how he is going to cover his ass over 'the disaster that is'- Iraq. Get ready because soon- very soon he is going to appear from his bunker and spin like a fcking tornado.

Wait for it and see if you can second guess what he will say to justify one of the biggest military fck ups of modern times. yet I am pretty sure that he will now only be convincing himself.

It's kinda like the used car salesman who's clapped out banger has been brought back to his garage smoking and totally fcked.

Yet this is somewhat more serious-life and death- so to speak and far too much of it on all sides.

2. It's obviously been a very quiet night Eagle!

Although even on the quietest of nights I like to try to and have a point...

3. Yes Dear Leader will have his scriptwriters on Overtime.
    His Legacy, This must be protected above all.
    Troops have died unfortunately part of their job spec and at least one leading civil servant is no longer with us for Blowing the gaff.
    I detest Blur, have since I first became aware of him.
    His Smile, wicked grin, Tone the Ultimate Snake oil salesman.
    john
    Long may he rot in hell.
    Or what ever Good Job, King George or Murdoch fixes for him.

4. To be honest even a man with Tony's undoubted communication and media handling skills can not formulate any gambit to deal with this while Bushes White house is begining to visible fragment. If the Republicans lose in the Elections next week New Liabours machine will suffer a 'retreat from Moscow' extravaganza as the Democrats savage Bush and move towards indictments with Tony perhaps called to account in front of Congress.

5. AJ
    Was That a Retreat TO Moscow ?
    john
    Blur was absolutely usless in the recent meeting in Findland with Boris, who from his comments of the Isreali Presidents 'rape case' would seem to be known as Boris the Impailer.

6. You will know Bliar is lying - his lips will be moving!!!

Well done Claire Sort - an MP with integrity. Now there's an item in short supply!

7. Campbells first draught.

8. Easy.

As he said he was leaving "next year" and the troops are "Leaveing next year" he jumps ship three days before the withdrawl anouncement.

9. So thats three days head start, to sell his houses in Bristol and get on a plane for his rapturous reception in the US for his lecture tour.

10. I can see it now.

"Yo Blair, I have an idea!"

"Oh Yes, what's that George?"

"We've got this guy lined up for taking over the Presidency in Iraq, he's just what we need, strong, determined and ruthless!"

"Sounds like someone we could use George, the situation is desperate now. Do I know him?"

"Why sure Tony, he's name is Saddam, he's going through a tuff trial at the moment, we'll fix that and I'm sure he'll want to listen to what we have to say!"

Edited for mongness!

11. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

To be honest I don't think he will, it would be a spin too far. He would leave himself culpable. There's the WDM factor, the fact that parliament was lied to, the fact that the action (sorry to bring this up) was not backed by the UN and was in fact declared illegal by the UN SG, 655,000 dead Iraqis, not to mention the dead and wounded Brits. The only way he can ultimately escape his deserves is to play this out...now Tony keep those cards close to your chest, even though we've all been counting, see if you can bluff your hand...

12. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

"Well, hey, I know it's been difficult for some people but, y'know, we have to move on and I hope that you will all give Gordon your full support for the difficult task he has to face. I've also asked George to consider getting Cliff Richard to take over the Iraqi government 'cos he's a good religious man, and it will also ensure his villa is spare for me to take a prolonged holiday while I do the smoke-screen job on my memoirs."

14. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

I agree. I have always maintained that Saddam should be put back in charge as he knows the area and warring factions better than anyone else still alive.

How can we justify holding a court case in the name of 'justice and democracy' when there are actions of mass destruction and murder taking place outside the doors. It just does not wash.
    :?[/quote]

OK - put him back on the street and see which faction gets to him first - The Iraqi National Lottery, buy your tickets at IRAQAARSE. And no doubt XXX thousand people [on all sides] will have died in your "good cause". The law favours the winners - c.f. Nuremberg