Get Ready For 9/11 Part II

Discussion in 'US' started by Yank_Lurker, Jan 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Leon Panetta, DCI.

Oh well, I did hear that Barry was having a hard time finding real intelligence professionals willing to take the job since Eric Holder is going to be Attorney General. Intelligence friendly he's not.

Sandy "Socks" Burglar endorsed him, though. Why doesn't that make me feel any better? :roll:
  2. I would guess that part of the problem is that no one from the intelliigence community is willing to be the next Stansfield Turner. Many years after the Halloween Massacre his name with CIA professionals is still $hit. My uncle was a classmate of both Turner and Carter and although he is stll in his 80's he retains his loathing of Turner as a "greaser" which appears to be Academy slang for a suckup who will do anything to get ahead. A few years ago I was at my Harvard reunion with a couple of classmate who are with the agency and they said the agency has yet to fully recover from the damage done by Carter and Turner.

There is something to be said for having the the DCI be someone with experience as a user/consumer rather that a producer. The theory would be that the consumer would have a better understanding of what is needed. I would prefer however to see someone like Abizaid, Casey or Fallon if the decision is that a consumer is needed in the job. At least someone who has held theatre command.