Get out and vote

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by sandy_boots, May 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At last election day is upon us.

Don't waste it. Get out and cast your vote. War memorials across the land are inscribed with the names of our colleagues who have died to give us this precious right. Don't insult their memory by staying at home.

If you can't bring yourself to vote for any of the candidates spoil your ballot and your vote will be counted.

If you don't vote you don't have a right to bitch about the result.

Get out and vote.

2. Well said.

Voted at 0830.

3. X applied on the way to work. Lets hope it does some good.

Edit:

I still think there should be an extra option on the bottom of the Ballot Paper which states 'None of the above'

4. I was so impatient to get rid of the lying one-eye twat I was waiting for the door to open at 0658 hrs :D

5. Voted by proxy!

6. Voted at 0700 bastards wouldn't let my dog vote.

Deliberately spoiling your ballot is just the same as not voting, your vote is not counted and that is not what the names on the memorial died for, make your vote count!

7. Hear, hear. Even if you can't stomach voting for anyone of the weasels a spoiled ballot is still heard! A big Z through the whole voting card should do the trick?

8. Voted and Hour ago

9. Voted 0935

Edited to add: is it just me or is the Site Clock out by an hour...?

10. Done and dusted.

Unfortunately the local Labour and BNP candidates weren't around so I had to restrict myself to chatting politely to the ladies running the polling station.

The dog had no-one to pee on either...

:D

Rodney2q

PS Is it me or do we seem to be restricted to choosing the least incompetent candidate rather than selecting the best? That's what seems the case here in Shrewsbury...

11. Mrs Foz and I exercised our democratic rights at 07:40.

Even in my small village it seemed pretty busy.

12. Postal voted from sunny.... well, currently rainy, Dartmouth.... X to the Blue's!

13. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

They Paid for it - You use it

[​IMG]

14. I've decided not to vote, purely to upset the "outraged from Stevenage" types on here.

15. Done at 0930.