Get 'orf my land - handing stuff back nicked along while ago

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by BoomShackerLacker, May 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So what about the land stolen from the Indians by the British when we owned America?

2. You can keep most of it, it's fully of chav scum.

Can't even drain off those villages flooded to create reservoirs. And that was hardly ancient history.

3. We asked some very nice American chaps, who just happened to be passing, if they would mind handing back the keys and turning off the lights as matron had just made tea!

4. Perhaps this UN apparatchik should venture down to S. America, Argentina in particular, & demand that the decendents of the Spanish Conquistadors who rocked up in the 16th/17th Centuries & murdered/enslaved/plundered the native peoples, be forced to hand back the land to the indiginous peoples! It would make a nice change from all the nauseous crap they keep spouting in the UN about the "malvinas", better & more correctly known as the Falkland Islands, which just happened to be UNINHABITED until various, mainly British Sailors & whalers used them as a base in the late 18th C.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I suspect that the U.S will do what powerful nations usually do when asked to relinquish anything of value.

• Like Like x 1
  6. It seems to be that what he's asking them to do is honour the treaties they voluntarily entered into in the late 19th Century.

Your suspicion applies equally to that, of course.

If it's been sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk then I'm probably pissed.

7. As Diego Garcians discovered.

8. Granted to HMG by God and thieved by a bunch of treacherous colonial slavers allied with the French, it's an outrage, London must at least much have dibs on Beyonce's arse, Dave should have words Ban Ki-moon.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I can see the rent on the UN building going up again, when the Yanks last wanted them chucked out I fully expected them to move to Canada, the only nation soft enough to think it would be an honour!

10. Let's be honest with ourselves here ..... In days of old, Britain exploited it's own Naval strength to grab as much of the worlds land mass as she possibly could lay her hands on.

The days of banging a Union Jack flag into the ground and claiming it for the greedy King are long over ... Thank God!

Since the dawn of mankind territorial disputes have been one of the major causes of War.

It is a fact that Europeans nicked the land off the native Americans in the first place, jumped up General Custer and his bunch of thugs had their just deserts at Big Horn for their wicked intentions and actions against innocent people in my book.

The morale being, Don't get over patriotic .... It only lines the pockets, satisfy the ego's and prop up the exotic lifestyles of the upper classes. :)

11. We were just looking after it for them.

12. Since when did we ever own the United States?

We did for sure stick our noses in at one point to see what we could plunder but got our hostile answer in January of 1815 at this place where we rightfully got our sorry little Arsse holes well and truly kicked.

Battle of New Orleans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

George III sulked so much at the thought of what might of been (presumably for his own bank account) ..... He went blind as well as deaf, became a victim of dementia and died up at Windsor Castle 5 years later at 8:38 pm on 29 January 1820 So the story goes.

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

We still have Slave owning George Washingtons Bible in the Keep at Bodmin!

14. You have just destroyed US/UK special relationship status with that single comment.

The Yanks always accepted the fact it was missing, now they know it exists they will want it back using all means necessary! ..... They see George's Bible as part of their founding constitutional holy grail.

Now sit back and wait for the incoming from the yanks! :)