Get in quick or end up a name and number

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Beduff, Jul 31, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Had a quick look and could find no ref so apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere.
    Hotmail are changing to Outlook and when your account changes you get the option to keep your old name or choose a new one. My account changed over this evening and I managed to get my name Give it a go before all the good ones have gone.
  2. Can't see an immediate link to change over, do you know of a link?
  3. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Type in and follow the prompts
  4. options>upgrade to outlook
  5. I can see this being a major clusterfuck by MS. 'New' Coke is the best analogy I've seen so far about this.

They are pissed off that Hotmail, which has been around since 1996, only has about 370million active users but the much newer GMail already has about 450million.

So why don't they simply improve hotmail instead of messing around? Are they following the old management consultant's trick; can't change anything, can't achieve anything? Change the name to fool the client into thinking you have done something amazing.
  6. You don't need to change over to its just an option.
    hotmail and live e-mail accounts will still work as normal.
  7. Gmail has obtained a massive number of users by the fact that a lot of small, and larger ISPs E.g Sky, use Gmail as their email offering. So if you sign up to Sky broadband your email will be provided by Gmail under a Sky logo.
  8. ditto Virgin
  9. I have a Gmail account because my android phone won't work without one, but I don't actually use it for anything.
  10. Try harder, you can get hotmail on an android, just download the app
  11. Don't see the point in changing it. My E-mail address is that old it just ends in