Get fit for the army.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Ruffage, Sep 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I got the fitness plan poster when I went for my introductory meeting in York. I tested my 1.5 mile run time before I started the plan. I ran it in 13:30, which I reckon is pretty poor. I can do around 20 press ups in the two minutes (also pretty poor), but I can nearly do the required 50 sit ups in two minutes. My question is, has anyone else used this plan? Did you find it beneficial? Does it really improve your fitness? I just started the plan this week, and felt pretty beasted after this week's "intensive day", but that's probably because I'm a fat bastard.
  2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Correct - fitness takes time. Give it another couple of weeks and you will find that everything suddenly gets easier.
  3. Having that wall chart, and the structure it gives you is a good thing.

You will notice changes in ability slowly at first, but as you get faster, careful you dont get too carried away. Best to do it slowly and carefully (properly) than rushing it.
  4. Thanks, I'm following the chart to the letter. It's twelve weeks long, so I should definitely see some improvement.
  5. Look at the 1.5 mile time thread, theres a few tips on there.
  6. Stick at it mate, you'll be shocked at how quickly your fitness begins to develop.
  7. Im using the same poster, ive completed 4 weeks but i did rush it a little and and tried to push myself a little harder which i shouldnt have done so im following it to the letter now as well, you will improve in time just be patient.