Get a Hair Cut you idle thing you!

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I've just heard this on BFBS, and can provide a link to the Scum Apparently the cousins have complained about Brits being scruffy so the order has gone out to Brits in Afghanistan to get a haircut.

All it needs now is a headline saying: "Four Septic squaddies killed by sniper while waiting in line for a haircut".

This must be a piss-take. I'm sure that even the Septics have other things to worry about.

MsG

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
I'm all for values and standards, but by bending over on this, Gen Richards has effectively accepted a criticism of our professionalism whilst conducting Ops.

The Scum said:
A senior officer said: "After the experience of Vietnam, where standards slipped drastically, the US insisted on very high standards of appearance.

"These are evident alongside us in Afghanistan."
Are they worried it will all go Vietnam-pear-shaped if we don't all maintain a high-and-tight? Richards should have told Cletus where to go.

Fugly said:
]

Richards should have told Cletus where to go.
Difficult, I imagine, when we rely on the US to sp most of our ops.

Ah, so when is the name change coming in "1st British corps, US army Europe".....since they can now apperently complain about how you look, and have that complaint actually listened too.....might as well let them give the orders over all. :p

these are the same US officers who complained that US SF were scruffy because of beards ect, and that they should be sporting high and tight haircuts and shaved and scrubbed faces ect.......

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
pombsen-armchair-warrior said:
Fugly said:
Richards should have told Cletus where to go.
Difficult, I imagine, when we rely on the US to sp most of our ops.
Going down that route then, surely we should be adopting their ROE in theatre, or should they be adopting ours?

How about we go about the same type of business albeit with a slightly different approach, and they can keep their beaks out of the triv matters?

Cant help but notice that someone appears to have given the sun access to QR's, which they have then extracted paragraphs from in typical lazy journo fashion.

There's probably a caveat somewhere that covers those on FOB's, I imagine this order will only stretch as far as the perimeter of Bastion.

Naturally as this is SUNINT it is completely correct and not remotely factually wrong - thank goodness we have such an accurate, balance and objective paper to let us know what is going on.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
jim30 said:
Naturally as this is SUNINT it is completely correct and not remotely factually wrong - thank goodness we have such an accurate, balance and objective paper to let us know what is going on.
I heard it on BFBS so I hope there is some truth in it.

cpunk

LE
This come up on an overseas exercise I was on recently and is - I'm told - generated from within the British Army, not the result of US complaints. My understanding is that General Richards is of the opinion that everyone dressing according to their own personal definition of uniform reflects poorly on our professionalism.

That wouldn't necessarily be my take on it but strangely he hasn't consulted me.

cpunk said:
This come up on an overseas exercise I was on recently and is - I'm told - generated from within the British Army, not the result of US complaints. My understanding is that General Richards is of the opinion that everyone dressing according to their own personal definition of uniform reflects poorly on our professionalism.

That wouldn't necessarily be my take on it but strangely he hasn't consulted me.
Maybe he should start with the mixed dress CDS?

P-T

cpunk said:

LOL

Maybe the General might like to remember that he has slighlty better facilities and therefore has more access to washing machines and Iron's.

postman_twit said:
cpunk said:

Maybe he should start with the mixed dress CDS?

P-T
Leave the CDS out of this, he is hand-picked by the monocular oik and is NOT to be criticised!

lsquared said:
Leave the CDS out of this, he is hand-picked by the monocular oik and is NOT to be criticised!
Twot.

On 19 Jun 09 C in C, LF (that should baffle any walts) sent out a LM reminding troops about smartness and length of hair.

Fairly routine stuff - nothing for your nosey civvy mind to worry about.

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
nark said:
On 19 Jun 09 C in C, LF (that should baffle any walts) sent out a LM reminding troops about smartness and length of hair.

Fairly routine stuff - nothing for your nosey civvy mind to worry about.
Nothing specific about Ops, then? Typical Scum non-story to fill a blank page then.

I think it's a damned disgrace!!!

There's easily enough room in the water bottle pouch, next to the KFS, for a comb and a pair of scissors.

Mind you, if it was still 58 webbing you could fit a pair of clippers in there and the "comb" attachments where the puritabs went....

I'll phone that cab firm right away...........

My Dad assures me he washed and shaved in a mess tin, using nothin but sand and a spoon. Desert rat 85 and face still a mess,bless him.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
vampireuk The NAAFI Bar 277
BarcelonaAnalPark The NAAFI Bar 161
C The NAAFI Bar 42