Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get a grip laddie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Different areas of the forum have different rules. Current Affairs means you have to be polite and behave. NAAFI bar is a keyboard free environment.
Sometimes it would be better if it was...

KnockKnock

Old-Salt
What's the difference between fully spelt out or the above if everyone knows what it means?
It's the contradiction in the site Webmaster automatically reducing such words to **** in reprinting the original post. Is it the Webmaster who is being 'woke' or shy?

Give over mate, having spent my youth in Saurf London, I could be as crude as any member and swear as much as anybody. Then of course I would be banned for a week (yes just recently), but for some reason there are members who have followers including 'moderators' who turn a blind eye to some, but get others banned.

You mean a sort of Arrse Illuminati NWO thing?

1606307186620.png

There I was, fully expecting a second term (how unlike Trump) as SPOTY, looking forward to another year of bitter tears of the Totally Not Bothered Mlaars when this Joe fvcking Biden coprolite rocks up with a stunning effort.

What a rotter.

Grrr.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Give over mate, having spent my youth in Saurf London, I could be as crude as any member and swear as much as anybody. Then of course I would be banned for a week (yes just recently), but for some reason there are members who have followers including 'moderators' who turn a blind eye to some, but get others banned.

They are experiencing a high volume of calls at the moment, but please continue to hold and they will ban you as soon as a moderator becomes available.

Cuntbubble.

I would have thought that in the days of National Service, those ‘orrible little men would have been knocked into shape by the judicious application of language. As in “Your boots are in fücking shit state, you cünt. Show parade 2200 behind the guard, showing boots highly polished. Davis! You’re a cünt too. You can join him, showing ”not being a cünt””.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Different areas of the forum have different rules. Current Affairs means you have to be polite and behave. NAAFI bar is a keyboard free environment.

That's been pointed out to the OP every time he raises the subject.

And he has done so repeatedly.

There I was, fully expecting a second term (how unlike Trump) as SPOTY, looking forward to another year of bitter tears of the Totally Not Bothered Mlaars when this Joe fvcking Biden coprolite rocks up with a stunning effort.

What a rotter.

Grrr.
Relax... you've already won you’ll still win hands down. This chap won’t get a look in despite his best efforts.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
It's the contradiction in the site Webmaster automatically reducing such words to **** in reprinting the original post. Is it the Webmaster who is being 'woke' or shy?
Like I already said, it's almost certainly poorly written software and nothing to do with the webmasters

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Like I already said, it's almost certainly poorly written software and nothing to do with the webmasters

Perhaps to do with quoting a Naafi post in a polite forum?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Perhaps to do with quoting a Naafi post in a polite forum?
I blame the programmer for not considering the possibility.

Edit. Or the designer.

Is that supposed to be funny or informative. Good for you, you can post pics!

Who's in charge of the Arrse Illuminati? I bet it's Auld Yin? Hold on what's Jarrods surname, is it Rothchild? Who are the 15? Which moderators are in on it? Questions need to be answered, there's medals at stake!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The OP is not wrong and should not be castigated for that! I am probably one of the worst offenders and I have to say that I swear much more here than I do when out and about.

The software does turn naughty words to ******* stars but it could be tweaked to do the same to the initial post.

However this has always been the way of things in the army and I recall an Irish sergeant telling us 15 year old newbies that we will hear and still use swear words but the one he would stamp hard on is the use of "bastard". He said that is one word that has caused more trouble than any in the army as so many actually were bastards. Apart from that it was weapons (words) free.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
Who's in charge of the Arrse Illuminati? I bet it's Auld Yin? Hold on what's Jarrods surname, is it Rothchild? Who are the 15? Which moderators are in on it? Questions need to be answered, there's medals at stake!
You are Sandi Toksvig on QI and I claim my £5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads