Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get a grip laddie

Status
Not open for further replies.
National Service? Jesus fooking wept, why aren't you already dead.
Harsh.

It is understandable that @KnockKnock dislikes foul language. You have to remember that in the years and days leading up to the end of National Service, bad language hadn’t been invented and nobody had hitherto been offended by it.

The end of National Service brought about a brand new lexicon of nasty words.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I sense that the OP would like to return to olden tymes where forsooth he would be just as poyntles as a nvn's cvnt.

My suggestion is, when a member includes fully spelt out c*** or f*** , that member should lose one of their ‘arrse medals.
1606305490084.png

I for one, will be minding my language much more carefully from now on. Thanks for the heads up, OP.
Losing one of my ARRSE medals would be more than I could bear.
I read that in my head in the voice of Val Kilmer Playin Doc Holiday in Tombstone.

KnockKnock

Old-Salt
Harsh.

It is understandable that @KnockKnock dislikes foul language. You have to remember that in the years and days leading up to the end of National Service, bad language hadn’t been invented and nobody had hitherto been offended by it.

The end of National Service brought about a brand new lexicon of nasty words.
Give over mate, having spent my youth in Saurf London, I could be as crude as any member and swear as much as anybody. Then of course I would be banned for a week (yes just recently), but for some reason there are members who have followers including 'moderators' who turn a blind eye to some, but get others banned.

I don't see why we should take any notice of someone who only has 3 arrse medals. Surely they are an indicator of success in life?

Warmest regards, Mr Cvnty Cvntington-Cvnt, lately of Cvnt House, Cvnt Street, Cvntsville, in the county of Cvntshire, Cvntland.

Aquavite

Clanker
Give over mate, having spent my youth in Saurf London, I could be as crude as any member and swear as much as anybody. Then of course I would be banned for a week (yes just recently), but for some reason there are members who have followers including 'moderators' who turn a blind eye to some, but get others banned.
You were probably banned for your persistent lies about having been in the army robme, or for being a mental cnut. You silly prick.

DSJ

LE
What's the difference between fully spelt out or the above if everyone knows what it means?

Newspapers have also had that question raised. What's the point of coyly writing f***,c**k and sh*t when the whole world knows you mean fUck, c0ck and sh1t (Three medals down, ah well).

I think a better idea would be to police people's speech. Pretty sure that's never been tried before.

During National Service, I remember the drill sergeant screeching “Get a grip laddie”, as we did our best to march along in some sort of order. So I say to the Webmaster of this site ‘Get a Grip ’ on the publication of foul swear words used in posts on this site.

Posts containing c… and f…four letter words, no matter what the forum, are printed out in full, but in any responses, the copied original post has the four letter words automatically reduced to ****. How coy,… is the Webmaster so sensitive to swear words that they are only to be allowed copied as ****?

My suggestion is, when a member includes fully spelt out c*** or f*** , that member should lose one of their ‘arrse medals. Would be no problem, for I have found the worst offenders who use four letter words in their numerous posts have five ‘arrse’ ‘medals with their avatar, some even ‘moderator’.

Mumsnet is that way ——>

Different areas of the forum have different rules. Current Affairs means you have to be polite and behave. NAAFI bar is a keyboard free environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads