Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get a grip laddie

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it that those of us who served during the Cold War are overlooked, whilst WW11 veterans get proper high regard, as do veterans who served in the Falklands and the Middle East?
This country was obliged to support the US with UK Cold War troops, being obliged by the financial support given to UK, by the US during WW11.
In the 1940s and 1950s, 18 years old National Service troops, were sent abroad on active service to Korea, Malaya, Aden, Cyprus and even Suez, yet this generation gives us little regard, a GSM was never 'awarded' for us (i.e., standing in line and having a medal pinned on), instead it mostly dropped through the letterbox months after demob and left by many in it's box, forgotten about in a drawer!
Many 'Veterans' post on these pages that they spent so many months on manoeuvres in Germany, with the 'enemy' ever present. Hardly 'active service', more likely spending off duty hours drinking lager!
You stunned fucking howler monkey, please provide the years for this WW11 you keep gibbering about.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
That's your fantasy avatar, of course, you were a WW11 pilot?
You mentioned this in another thread. Can you explain why I shouldn't use that avatar?

You WW11 vets are all the same.

You mentioned this in another thread. Can you explain why I shouldn't use that avatar?

You WW11 vets are all the same.
starship.jpg

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
How is it that those of us who served during the Cold War are overlooked, whilst WW11 veterans get proper high regard, as do veterans who served in the Falklands and the Middle East?
This country was obliged to support the US with UK Cold War troops, being obliged by the financial support given to UK, by the US during WW11.
In the 1940s and 1950s, 18 years old National Service troops, were sent abroad on active service to Korea, Malaya, Aden, Cyprus and even Suez, yet this generation gives us little regard, a GSM was never 'awarded' for us (i.e., standing in line and having a medal pinned on), instead it mostly dropped through the letterbox months after demob and left by many in it's box, forgotten about in a drawer!
Many 'Veterans' post on these pages that they spent so many months on manoeuvres in Germany, with the 'enemy' ever present. Hardly 'active service', more likely spending off duty hours drinking lager!
@Robme I was always an Alt drinker myself, you bitter old cunt.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

KnockKnock

Old-Salt
You stunned ******* howler monkey, please provide the years for this WW11 you keep gibbering about.
This will convince you,... In 1955 I was standing with another National Service soldier outside an AKC (yes, although on active service, we had one in Malaya) and we were trying to get a glimpse, with others standing in front,of us, all looking at a film poster for 'Executive Suite' a film Directed by Robert Wise, starring William Holden, Barbara Stanwyck, Paul Douglas. When a thicko regular soldier standing in front of us said to the other thick regular "Whot's Exeecutif Sue-tee all about abart then" the response was "I dunno, somink to do with someone waiting to be executed?"

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
This will convince you,... In 1955 I was standing with another National Service soldier outside an AKC (yes, although on active service, we had one in Malaya) and we were trying to get a glimpse, with others standing in front,of us, all looking at a film poster for 'Executive Suite' a film Directed by Robert Wise, starring William Holden, Barbara Stanwyck, Paul Douglas. When a thicko regular soldier standing in front of us said to the other thick regular"Whot's Exeecutif Sue-tee all about abart then" the response was "I dunno, somink to do with someone wait to be executed?"
Of course you were.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads