Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get a grip laddie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
It's all the members with 5 Arrse 'medals' who have spent their lives posting numerous pointless posts to get their 5 'medals' now responding with silly comments, like a bunch of school kids.
My suggestion that a 'medal' should be removed with every posting of a four letter f*** or c*** word that will help clean up this site!
But, but - you have an MM from Goose Green and an operational OBE from Ulster for working undercover?

Perhaps those medals should be removed from your fantasy life first?

KnockKnock

Old-Salt
It'll be the only fighting he ever has done.

He was in the SAS you know!
Yeah!......You no doubt chose to have the avatar of an old four engine plane (Lancaster bomber?) against the early morning sky, to make it look like you have been on active service in the RAF? Read another Biggles book - Book Reviewer!

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Yeah!......You no doubt chose to have an avatar of an old four engine plane (Lancaster bomber?) against the early morning sky, to make it look like you have been on active service in the RAF? Dream on!
No, it was because my uncle served in Bomber Command.

I did manage just shy of four decades in the Army though - you?

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Eh?

You were (allegedly) National Service during the Malaya conflict. That ended in 1960.

I make that 60 years.

Try again.
I think he's referring to my service.

It's all the members with 5 Arrse 'medals' who have spent their lives posting numerous pointless posts to get their 5 'medals' now responding with silly comments, like a bunch of school kids.
My suggestion that a 'medal' should be removed with every posting of a four letter f*** or c*** word that will help clean up this site!
4FB9BD0B-DB4A-49B5-A4A5-B3557C268F3D.jpeg

I think he's referring to my service.

Ah. Probably.

. . . still, in a previous guise, he made a complete cock of himself earlier this year: who remembers this menkle gem?:

Hi
    • My name is Bill Worthington, I am Brian’s tutor.
    • Once a Pilgrim apologises for flouncing off as he did yesterday (another modern word.) He might be 84 but I can assure you he doesn't live in ancient times. And even though he accounted for the information we had found out about Robme, due to our looking at the site prior, he felt that nobody was paying any attention to what he had previously written. Can I personally also note, and indeed ask you a question, did any of you join Arrse, without investigating in advance the site and what it had to offer? And then unburden yourselves in the way that many of you have?
    • I have put to him the various questions you have asked and this is his response.
    • He never suggested or meant to suggest that he served in the SAS for 30 years, he said he served altogether 30 years in the British Army. He did say he served for 6 years in the Special Air Service, in Borneo and Malaya. The regiment went to Aden and Oman he didn't, nor did he say so. Elements went from Malaya to Borneo as it was a British Colony, besides which he said he Joined in 1958. He said he joined the Glorious Glosters in 1956, after returning from Rhodesia. In Rhodesia he served with the Rhodesian Service Corps. He has indicated that when the SAS left Malvern they did not disappear overnight, but the transition took months. He did his Selection at Malvern, which is what he said. Air Dispatchers saved the day, and made living in the Jungle for weeks at a time possible, he hoped his comments reflected his gratitude of their role.
    • When he left that regiment, he worked at various positions with the Glosters, prior to serving with other regiments in a variety of roles. Back in the day there was a fear that the UK would be involved in places like Vietnam and many regiments thinking they would be called upon to so took advantage of Brian’s experience. Fortunately Mr. Wilson the Prime Minister vetoed Mr. Johnsons request. Eventually ending up as a Major RQMS, he did not say all his time was spent in the SAS or Gloster Regiments, that just didn't happen back then.
    • He is confused about the need to add SAS to his regiments, if you are all ex-army (and clearly some of you are not). If he was referring to the regiment for a single time, as in proper English and the use of, we would have added the SAS abbreviation, however after referring to them for the first time any subsequent need is superfluous. Thus 21 SAS then 21 Sqn, the same would apply to 1 Gloucestershire Regiment the 1st after its first use. I realise that for many young people today spelling and grammar is something usually beyond you. Brian has excellent use of english and grammar as I would expect in older clients.
    • 'Coz', are you being really serious? he lives in today’s society, where abbreviated language is something we all have grown up with. Please answer this what’s 'a catcher'? it was always used back in the 1940's and 50's. Can I say that if this is your evidence, please don't apply to become barristers will you
    • With regard to IP's I note that a Mod has said not, well he's leading you astray. If Robme is banned (rather than suspended) then the way to stop him/her would be to block the IP address? That would stop him making up a new email address or log in-name? Somebody suggested that taking a new name and email address would work, not really as the Web-site owner has access to IP addresses and can block that anyway at anytime? It’s something an IT professional could do in his sleep.
    • And what terrible advice would that be then? When we looked at robme's posts we could find nothing that he posted that was 'bad advice', just his account of his army service. We assumed he had transgressed some other hidden rule and that formed the bases of the advice about being banned.
    • When he gave a brief account of the transformation of the regiment into its eventual outcome today The Rifles. He also stated that if anybody had a question all they had to do was ask him, He received no questions about the formation of the Duke of Edinburgh's Royal Regiment, which was formed by the initial amalgamation of the Berkshire and the Wilshire Regiment. In 1991 the DERR amalgamated with the Glosters Regiment. Brian was well out of the Army by then and did not receive an invite to the 'Party'. Under Future Army Structure, in 2003, they were all rolled into The Rifles, which is what they are today. If you check (assuming any of you can read words of more than one syllable) you will find the current battalions of the Rifles are made up of many different county regiments.
  • Frankly I am ashamed that a band of ex-soldiers would turn on one of their own, on the word of somebody who possesses ‘Spidey Senses’. If this was the case, he would be the only arachnid who is able to use a keyboard? Spiderman is not real he is a cartoon character, as I suspect are those who tuned on him in the way you all did.
    The only notable exception being somebody called Polyester (what weird names you use), who did at least give him a chance at least to answer any questions. Shame on all of you. Clearly you don't bother with Poppies on Remembrance Sunday You dont have to worry about Brian returning, he will stick with the Breakfast Club, who as far as i'm aware don't do cartoonists. And i too will not be recommending anybody to take a dip into this disgusting mess of a web site. I am not sure what rules govern the use of web forums on the internet, but somebody needs to investigate this shower, that's for certain.

7/10 for effort, though, @KnockKnock

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Ah. Probably.

. . . still, in a previous guise, he made a complete cock of himself earlier this year: who remembers this menkle gem?:

7/10 for effort, though, @KnockKnock
Fucking hell - our very own multiple personality! Why do they all have to be utter cocks though? Why are none of them ever just chefs or whatever. Why do they have to be in the SAS? Why must they have been awarded spurious gallantry medals?

So many questions, so many @KnockKnock, @Robme etc etc

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer

fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck fuck, there I now owe the site some medals, I've got fucking loads of real ones

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
wasn't it greenfly who had an obsession with people posting on here?

I can't wait for it to demand that a moderator deletes the account and offering everyone out for a fight.

I'm off to tesco to get some popcorn.

oh before I forget

FUCK FUCKITY FUCK FUCK FUCK,

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
It's a simple question about appropriate age for such treatment, either you know something about dentistry or you don't! Ask Fang Fang.

I'm guessing you're an expert at giving over the phone consultations and diagnoses without seeing a patient? As I said, I haven't seen the details, and I'm not really interested, but I can assure you @Fang_Farrier is the person to go to if you want to have a discussion about up to date dental methods.

Fuck me you silly old cunt. You are the only person (apart from Belter_Belter) that has ever suggested the medal rack has any meanining. Nobody apart from him gives a flying fucketty cuntshit whether they are there or not.

Factoid:​
@Belter_Belter has copied his Arrse rack and incorporated it full colour into his personal stationery.​
He is the only one on the whole site who would lament their loss. Mind you, if they were arbitrarily removed for being a dickhead, he’d have cleaned his act up years ago.

NSP

LE
You're a fucking idiot.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Christ, is this still going?
Is there some competition between this thread and the 'ignore' thread? its almost like there's some sort of prize up for grabs....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads