Get a Dentist NOW!

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Ventress, Apr 27, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Having just been traumatised by a civilian dentist having an extraction can I just take this opportunity to say to any serviceman leaving the Forces in the next couple of years- GET A DENTIST NOW!!! Or a dental plan where you can go private in a swanky dentist's place!

I must admit it was emergency NHS treatment but it was like a scene out of the dark ages- the dentist had blood splashed on his white tunic and during my 'treatment' I received 1 swill of the flat campari and got 2 pieces of tissue to mop my bloodied gob oh and 2 swabs to bite on to stem the flow of blood.

So top tip enjoy the excellent work the RADC or Tri service dentists do while you can because the nightmare is waiting!

[​IMG]

2. Ooooooh, stop being a poof Qman, it wasn't that bad. Did he give you a lolly pop to cheer you up afterwards??

3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

It was a like a scene out of Aliens, just more blood! And no thats another thing I didnt get a bloody lolly!

4. My dentist is excellent. He talks through everything, asks about my life, tells me up front the expected cost and gives a lolly pop when he's finished. Last treatment - check up, three x-rays, dig out old filling, new filling and lolly pop = £40 !

5. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Do you have his address? I'd like a lolly!

6. and a sticker saying "I was a brave boy at the dentist today"

7. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Unfortunately not, mine said 'I've been butchered today!'

8. You seem to be better on the keyboard than you did on the phone Qman.
    I think that you should get a lolly and a gold star for being brave :p :p
    Which is more than you would get from the QA's. Try and get a lolly off one of them. :twisted: :twisted:

9. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

You know I never box out of my weight!

10. Just to be a devils advocate: the Defence Dental Agency (formed 1996) was supposed to be a trading Agency, thus it was supposed to be able to allow its resources to be used (on repayment) by us that R in Civi street after a full career and for those serving our spouces on return to UK

11. theres a 'but' coming isnt there?

12. but.................. :twisted:

13. Are you sure?? I've never seen that in any policy document, SLA, planning & resources etc, etc.
    Or are you trying to stir thing up?!!

14. Not at all - it was in the original Draft Framework Document i saw in 1996 at HQ & Central Group and in a reply to a Question - In effect the whole thrust of the birth of the DDA was to enable it the ability to have "slack" so that DCs in the UK could treat our families. Unless you know something else.