Gerry Adams to be sued by victims of bombings

And nor will he. A civil case isn’t going to change things. The information the prosecution requires won’t be forthcoming. It’s likely buried, covered in secrecy. Besides this he’s connected and protected.
Really? You're a legal brain, surely it can't have escaped your notice that despite the prosecuting authorities not going any further, civil actions have given major results in the likes of Hillsborough, Jimmy Savile and other corners too difficult for the establishment to touch.

Really? You're a legal brain, surely it can't have escaped your notice that despite the prosecuting authorities not going any further, civil actions have given major results in the likes of Hillsborough, Jimmy Savile and other corners too difficult for the establishment to touch.

Where’s the evidence?

He doesn’t even have to attend court, it’s not a criminal trial.
And 'actual' evidence that he planted or produced any devices might prove to be quite 'thin' the accusers would then be liable for his costs...nice try but not really a runner I think...

rustypilgrim

Old-Salt
You'll see a lot more civil actions in the near future as families of folk who were shot dead whilst wearing balaclavas, coveralls and marigolds before dropping their M16s or AKs start court action. "He was a good boy, why couldn't he have been arrested?"

You still need evidence and it needs to be more than he said she said.

Thought civil courts were balance of probabilities?

Regardless of the verdict, its getting him in the box that counts, even if he denies to that's just as damning.

This is a show trial, in the fullest sense.

Personally, to me a few quid in the pockets of a lawyer is worth it as it puts some of our side of the story back in the media. And you never know who might give evidence agen him or who might have some naughty docs that never went into the shredder.

It's the only chance we're ever going to get, as slim as it is. Are you really going urinate on it?

Screenshot_20220628-072042_Chrome.jpg

Easy. 99.99% of soldiers who served in NI never encountered a terrorist.

Only the ones who shot at me and my mates...

Never got to meet them close up though.

Where’s the evidence?
The evidence as it is, will no doubt be classified (phone tapping and bugging transcripts etc.) There is also plenty of circumstantial evidence, not with standing the "confessions" of several former colleagues of his.
None of which would be used in a court of law. The point of this excercise as I see it is not necessarily to get a conviction, but just to highlight the lies and hypocracy from a former member of the IRA.
A timely reminder of certain elements within Sinn Fein. No bad thing given the increase in their popular vote.

Getting Adams to admit he was an IRA member under oath is worth a quid of anyones money.
Even better if he was to commit perjury by denying it.
He wouldn't have issues denying it.
The IRA and it's derivatives don't have "Members" they have 'Volunteers'. It's all in how the question is phrased. Semantics, I know, but it's worked this far.

Remember all the personality pictures you carried , no doubt you saw at least one of them on every patrol in urban areas.

IIRC there was one player who was seen pretty regularly around Andytown and Turf Lodge but we were only to report sightings and, for whatever reason, not to lift him.

I suspect int and the RUC knew what he was doing but couldn't actually pin anything on him and make it stick.

He wouldn't have issues denying it.
The IRA and it's derivatives don't have "Members" they have 'Volunteers'. It's all in how the question is phrased. Semantics, I know, but it's worked this far.
Senantics is how lawers make money and terrorists avoid prosecution.
The accused will be refered to as a volunteer from now on M'lud.

wheel

LE
IIRC there was one player who was seen pretty regularly around Andytown and Turf Lodge but we were only to report sightings and, for whatever reason, not to lift him.

I suspect int and the RUC knew what he was doing but couldn't actually pin anything on him and make it stick.
We had a good number of report sightings only

You still need evidence and it needs to be more than he said she said.

Hopefully someone will give witness to his activities as an informant, who needs jail when the IRA could kill him for us

Civil action means “on the balance of probabilities” rather than “beyond a reasonable doubt”

Remember the Omagh civil action

Oooh, ooooh, please sir I did. Martin McGuiness on a number occasions at Strabane PVCP. He was a cvnt and treated as such as far as we could.
At least that bell end had the grace to die, quite how they were invited to sit in the house of westminster (though apparently never did) is beyond me. Like asking Kim jong Un round for tea and biccies.

Latest Threads