Gerry Adams TD

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by HarryPalmer, Mar 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not getting the hang of this democracy thing

SINN FÉIN is now “the main Opposition party” in the Dáil because it had more credibility than Fianna Fáil, even though the latter party had more TDs, Gerry Adams has claimed.

The Sinn Féin leader was announcing his party’s shadow portfolios in the new Dáil, with himself covering the Taoiseach, deputy leader Mary Lou McDonald shadowing the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform and Donegal TD Pearse Doherty as finance spokesman.
    Speaking to journalists at Leinster House, Mr Adams, who was accompanied by the other 13 members of his parliamentary party, said: “What we have tried to do is to match our TDs with their own area of interest, experience and expertise.”

He added: “We see ourselves very much as the main Opposition party here because we have credibility in terms of the issues which are bearing down upon people.

“We see our responsibility to protect lower and middle-income families, to argue very, very strongly in defence of Ireland’s national interest and to promote the objective of Irish unity.”

Asked what he meant by describing Sinn Féin as the main Opposition party, Mr Adams said: “I mean in terms of the fact that there is a sameness between the Fianna Fáil party, Fine Gael and Labour in terms of their support for austerity packages and policies.

“We have a different view on all of this and we believe that we cannot cut our way out of recession, we have to have jobs for citizens and we have to ensure that those who can pay most should pay most. We want to see an end to the universal social charge. All of these issues we will champion in the time ahead.

“Fianna Fáil have more strength in terms of their numbers than us but on policy issues we believe we have more credibility.”

Asked for his views on the situation in Libya, in the context of Col Gadafy’s past links with the republican movement, he said: “We think the Gadafy administration is wrong in the way it has been treating its own citizens.

“We don’t believe that there is any room for military actions by any element in that situation, that all those armed actions should cease and that there should be a process whereby citizens in Libya, because they have the right to self-determination, also have their democratic rights.”

Adams says 'credible' SF is main party in Opposition - The Irish Times - Wed, Mar 23, 2011

2. So whats that mean, they're going to start blowing people up again.
    Maybe they could teach the ARW in counter terrorist tactics, since they led the world in devoloping terrorist tactics.

3. “We don’t believe that there is any room for military actions by any element in that situation, that all those armed actions should cease and that there should be a process whereby citizens in Libya, because they have the right to self-determination, also have their democratic rights.”

Is GA stupid, naive or stupid? We would all like to see a "process whereby...etc", perhaps he could think of one? In his spare time he can invent anti-gravity boots and warp drive. C**T.

4. I'm sure Belfast Bde Comd (or whatever) has been ideal preparation for high political office.

5. Teachta Dala? Whilst factually correct I can think of some much for fitting terms that the initialism TD could stand for. Still, at least he's no longer the UK's problem for a while.

6. I'm gutted now that Gerry Adams might get a TD, which entitles him to post-nominals, whereas I only got a VRSM.

Obviously I joined the wrong part-time army.

7. What is the latest on his nonce[Keep it in the family] brother then ??? I thought that his dad was facing charges for shsgging his arse? What is the latest ?????

8. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Good news on his dad, not quite yet on him or his brother

9. Gerry Adams - minister responsible for corruption, handling bribes, informing on colleagues, assistance to occupying powers, claiming allowances of hated enemies, general hypocracy and taking it up the ARRSE for the family. Allegedly of course!