Gerry Adams raises money for Forces Charities

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by postman_twit, Mar 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bear with me on this one people. If I incur the wrath of the mods, I apologise in advance.

I have just purchased a large number of autographs at an auction and amongst them there are 3 by Gerry Adams.

My initial reaction was obviously do I burn them or use them as emergency bog roll? Then I got to thinking...............

Mount them with a caption? Such as.....................

"I swear allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, her Heirs and Successors" signed Gerry Adams

"I was a tout" ....................

"I love Martin" ..............

"I apologise for every terrorist act I have commited and every lie I have told about them since" signed ..............

"Bloody Sunday? We started it" ..............

Any more????

I am auctioning these autographs in 3 lots. I will split any monies raised between Holiday 4 Heroes and, in light of recent tragic events, the National Memorial Arboretum for use in the RE memorial garden.

The auction will finish at 1800 hrs Fri 20th March. I will post them out on Mon 22nd March. Happy bidding.

P-T

2. May well come to that but the thought of an action by his own fair hand resulting in a positive outcome for the Forces gives me a inner warmth.

I am quite willing to take bids to burn them also.

Cheers,

P-T