Germany.

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Lgsmith1992, Aug 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Off to Germany (32 engr regt) on the 14th and just got a few questions:

- what mobile network is the best over there?
    - is the car insurance any cheaper than here?
    - what's it like in general, night life ect?

Cheers.

2. **** the mrs off and get yourself down the boobie shop!!!

3. samm1551

samm1551 Old-Salt Book Reviewer

1. We used Vodafone, but they are all much of a muchness

2. No, the car insurance is no cheaper than UK (unless it has changed in the last year)

3. Depends on where you are going

5. Mobile - doesn't matter. Same as UK all much the same. Aldi do a pay as you go thing, job jobbed.

Car insurance is slightly more expensive, you will also have to get winter tyres and change your headlights.

Germany rocks. Fantastic life, brilliant country cheap booze and eating out. If you don't enjoy every minute of it you've lost the plot.

Have fun.

6. everyone seems to enjoy themselves in 32, regt are currently away but due back in the next couple of months, plenty to do if you are willing to travle a little s there aint to much in bergen for pads/singlies.

7. Dont get too comfy. The duty rumour is 32 is coming to Kinloss ;)

8. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

I would drag the arse out of life in Bergen, get to Hanover and Hamburg as often as you can because Kinloss is a f@cking hole, theres sod all in Forres and Elgin and Inverness is 30 odd miles away, And I was there as a civvy

9. I wouldnt say it was a hole, it's a lovely part of the country, but you're right, theres **** all here!

10. You jammy ****,all i've got to say.

11. whatever happens & wherever you end up just ENJOY it. :)

12. I am praying that 32 goto Kinloss, then i can rent my house out to the MOD for £3000 per month like every other garrison has been able to do for years. Might even get posted there and pay £250 per month for it! **

13. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

I spent 12 years in Germany, I vaguely remember going there, and then 12 years later I sobered up

14. That is the sort of thing that Members of Parliament get arrested for.

15. look forward to fridays.