Germany

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Awoljon, Jul 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys!
    My wife is getting posted to 16 sigs next month and I am still staying at Blandford till next year. I would just like any information possibly on the area and regiment from anyone who knows please.
    We have got SFA (furnished) ready for us there and were told that we would need to get appliances like washing machine, fridge, freezer etc. What would be the best thing to do? Get things like that here in the UK before the move or buy them there? If bought there, any suggestions on where to buy from in Germany? Are there any good used car dealers in the area?

On another note, I am hoping to be posted there myself by next year, any info/opinions on the regiment? Good or bad?

Thanks in advance and sorry for so many questions! I'm sure you all know what it is like on first postings and them being abroad, especially both of us having joined the same time etc.

2. If you do a search in this forum for 16/7 Sigs, Elmpt Station or Javelin Barracks, you will find loads of info there.

3. Most big electrical items are cheaper in the UK - especially brand names. Having said that, you can still get some good deals out here.

4. Thanks guys! I cant seem to find much "current" info searching for those regiments though.

5. "Ahem" Top thread on page 2 of this forum, 'Germany Units'

Current enough??

6. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

That depends on whether it carries an up-to-date list of retailers that still stock OMO!

7. By PM only I'm afraid..........

8. Thank you! Yeah I'd say it is current enough...