Germany V Argentina- England defeat in perspective

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by CAARPS, Jul 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I hate to be controversial (Honestly :D ), however, does the German steam-rollering of Argentina with all their World Class players put a little bit of perspective on the English defeat.

Or were our fat lazy journalists correct in over hyping the team to the non-football watching population only to completely destroy them after their inevitable failure :?

As the essay question asks; discuss:

2. Ingerland were still utterly craptastic

3. Our "golden generation" couldn't live on the same pitch as the Germans this afternoon. They were embarrised last time, just hope they could tear themselves away from their swimming pools to watch what a footballing team looks like.

4. England would be better off forgetting most of the top of the premiership clubs player's. Get some lad's from lower down, even championship who would pay with some fire in the ball's and steel in the soul.

Gerrard's excuse about tiredness ect was bollocks

5. Netherlands v Germany World Cup Final!!

Spain are another flair team similar to Argentina, Germany should beat them on this form IMO.

6. The difference between us and them.

7. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

I find my perspective of 'who cares?' is working perfectly well, to be completely honest.

:p

8. However, it seems your cared enough to post a reply :wink:

9. Not one outstanding German in the team. Klose is good but not that well known.
    Maybe that is why they are so good. No massive ego's, tantrums, and drama's. just a physically fit, determined, well drilled side that play as a team.

10. No, by that token Australia must be as good as Argentina as Germany beat them 4-0 as well.

They are playing well together, efficiently one might say. Most importantly the teams they have played (Including us) have shown shocking displays of defending at moments and they have capitalised every time. For all the skill the Argies showed at no point did they look confident in front of goal.

11. German defence was good it neutralised Messi & Tevez! Argentina's were just not there! The fact that England actually managed to score at all says something!

12. Twice may I add :D :D

13. And scored not just once, but twice! ;-)

14. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

...only because football fans, with their limited iq's, have trouble comprehending this and so invariably, will bite.

15. Germay will play the Spanish in the same way, look at how Spain struggled to score against Portugal.