Germany Travel Advice

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Spanish_Dave, Feb 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Been out of BAOR for nearly 20 years now personally so need some advice. I am travelling to Germany on Business and have to visit Rheindahlen, Herford and Sennelager, which airport would be best to fly into out of and would their be a logical driving plan, ideally taking two locations in in one day?

2. Dave,

I would suggest Paderborn. Air Berlin fly from Brum and that would enable you to do Sennelager and Herford in one day then JHQ the next. If you are not bothered about 1 way flying you could then fly out of Duss (Int) or Weeze (old RAF Laarbruch).

3. You could logically do Sennelager and Herford in the same day. Rhiendahlen would need to be a seperate day. There is a small but perfectly formed airport at Paderborn (Read Sennelager) or, alternatively, fly in to Dusseldorf to start your tour with Rhiendahlen.

Herford and Sennelager are relatively close but the drive to/from Rhiendahlen is your long leg.

So your itinerary can look like either:

Fly into Dusseldorf AM, Do Rhiendahlen, drive to Sennelager/Herford and book into hotel.
    Next day do Sennelager/Herford and fly out of Paderborn.

Fly into Paderborn and do Sennelager Herford then drive down and book into hotel in Rhiendahlen
    Next day do Rhiendahlen and fly out of Dusseldorf.

If trying to fly in and out of the same airport, you may need to stay a second night in a hotel.
  4. Dave, you may get a good deal on travel by train from Wakefiled, check out east coast trains website.
  5. Spanish_Dave

Thanks chaps
  6. Spanish_Dave

air berlin flies out of Manchester and not brum according to their website mate
  7. Didnt want to start a new thread so will just bump this.

I am off to Sennelager on Sunday for a 3 day visit to CTS.

Any recommendations for nights out in the area on a Sun - Tues?