Germany officially recognises colonial-era Namibia genocide

exsniffer

War Hero
- Although Germany of 1900 isn't the same as todays Germany.

Germany in 1900 was part of the Austro Hungarian Empire, which consisted of The Kingdom Of Prussia, and The German Empire. These consisted of many places which are not part of modern day Germany, so I'm not really sure why the Germans are that arsed about this history - considering it was "German colonisers", these could have came from any number of countries and be nothing to do with "Todays" Germany.
IRRC whilst the Austro Hungarian empire was allied to the German Empire in 1900 they were two separate countries. Austro Hungary included Bosnia, Croatia, Slovakia, the Czeck republic and the Tyrol.. The German Empire was formed by Prussiai in what is now west Poland and the current Germany. They were at war in the 1860'a
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austro-Prussian_War

ETA Late to the party as usual

Last edited:

llech

LE
No mention of that fighting being anywhere but Africa, ergo not " world".
It's debateable if a bit of inter tribal raiding counts as a war, let alone a worldwide war between nations.
Assorted armed groups have been fighting over Congo for decades, certainly since the 60s when the colonial powers left.
So, great African world war fought only in Africa between Africans, situation normal.
5.4 million excess deaths (1998–2008)[3][4]

350,000+ violent deaths (1998–2001)[5][6]

Yeah, just a raid.

Whilst your logic is sound, I feel your interpretation is unfair as it’s essentially the same as blaming today’s whites for the evils of the plantations.

Todays “blacks” are (generally) evolutionary and culturally different from early man.
By that standard and your own logic, People in this century are different from the people/attitudes and ways of life compared to the 16/17/18th centuries. Yet we still have blacks complaining about stuff that happened back then - which not a single person alive today is responsible for. By that same logic - the Germans shouldn't be saying sorry for something that happened by some possible ancestor in the previous century.

Last edited:
I wonder what Africans would have said about Europeans who indulged in two wars 20 years apart that led to horrific industrial slaughter unimaginable in history and which left tens of millions of whiteys dead in the space of less than 10 years?

"Those whites, they have no respect for human life, savages I tell you, not like us at all."

Continental Europeans are also savages, don't you read The Daily Telegraph? Germans, Russians, French, Belgians, they all love a good massacre. So do the Turks, Chinese and Japanese (but you can't ask them about it cos they get very upset).

The Anglo Saxons are responsible for the modern civilised world, if it weren't for us we'd all be living under Communism, Nazism or still be in the stone age. The irony is we're expected to apologise for dragging most of the world into some sort of order.

The British Empire probably saved more lives than any other institution known to man and was far less corrupt than the modern United Nations.

Last edited:
Yes, it's great to see how the African nations have progressed so much since they gained independence from the European colonisers.
Despite the fact that so many world leading scientists, engineers, architects, achievers in advanced medecine,( equal rights and democracy) have left the continent.

FNC

Continental Europeans are also savages, don't you read The Daily Telegraph? Germans, Russians, French, Belgians, they all love a good massacre. So do the Turks, Chinese and Japanese (but you can't ask them about it cos they get very upset).

The Anglo Saxons are responsible for the modern civilised world, if it weren't for us we'd all be moving into communism, Nazism or still be in the stone age. The irony is we're expected to apologise for dragging most of the world into some sort of order.

The British Empire probably saved more lives than any other institution known to man and was far less corrupt than the modern United Nations.
Is this comment addressed to me? Read my post again.

I specifically said Europeans.

(However that's not to pretend Anglo-Saxons, as Europeans, weren't very active in the mass slaughter that savage Europeans indulged in twice in the last century and which makes anything that tribal Africans ever did look like a vicarage tea party)

India and Pakistan was a bit "right i'm off, i've left a quiche in the fridge you sort it out, sorry about the religion thing!"
And who's fault was that? They wanted us out. By 'they' I mean a noisy nationalist minority. The majority were quite happy having a reasonably stable, reasonably prosperous society (albeit one with it's inherent foibles and nuances), shitting in the street and burning granny in the Ganges.

as a prime example, the Italian built communications system in Sudan and nearby places continued to function long after ww 2 and in some places, right up to the 80s. It survived local vandalism as even the dimmest ****** realised that wrecking the only decent telephone system for a thousand miles would be A Bad Thing.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Does no one bother to read history at all? Might explain a few things round here.
You certainly don't study geography if you think Africa is the world. It didn't even involve all of Africa, at best a third of it.

Last edited:

(However that's not to pretend Anglo-Saxons, as Europeans, weren't very active in the mass slaughter that savage Europeans indulged in twice in the last century and which makes anything that tribal Africans ever did look like a vicarage tea party)
I take it that the two examples you are thinking of is the Holocaust and Congo? Neither were the fault of the “anglo-saxons”, although I do agree that the Anglo-Saxon have form when it comes to mass slaughter.

Around 700AD they colonised the Isle of Wight after they slaughtered the entire population. So if there’s every any claims for the evils of past colonisation, the caulkheads should get first dibs.

The Anglo Saxons were very active, but that was to save the entire world from German and Japanese tyranny. Let's not forget that the British did everything possible to try and avoid WW2, it's a bit difficult trying to promote peace and disarm when the rest of the world are arming themselves to the teeth.

The Brits also don't have that bad a record, imho, compared to the Russians, Japanese and Germans. Most of the deaths in Ireland and India were from bungling infrastructure systems (unsurprising in the 1800s) or the fact that the Japanese had invaded Asia. The worst part of the empire was probably slavery, but let's also not forget that the British empire was the only force in history to stop it on a global scale.

Slavery continued in Saudi Arabia until the 1960s, perhaps the Arabs should apologize or perhaps take in some refugees?

Latest Threads