Germany and France seek European domination by the back door.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by gizmo17, Dec 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The proposed measures to deal with the Euro crisis could/may lead to both France and Germany controlling Eurozone country's domestic policy via the EU.
  2. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Bang on, the political elephant in the living room. They have already removed the democratically elected governments of Italy and Greece and replaced them with an EU derived, non elected, group of managers.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Well, duh. They've decided that if they're going to have to pay to haul countries out of the mire then they get a say in the future to make sure it doesn't happen again.

And long term I'm kind of leaning towards thinking it's not the worst thing that could happen. Compared to countries splitting off as their economies collapse and the resultant mass emigration, border disputes and conceivably a shooting war or two I can't get excited at all.

We're not in the Euro after all so a lot of this will pass us by. Some won't mind, we live just offshore and will inevitably be affected. But again, what's the alternative ? The Empire is gone, gone, gone and charting our own path is but a mirage still clung on to by the deluded.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Was it ever explained what that German bloke meant when he said the UK 'would be joining the Euro sooner than you expected', or words to that effect?
  5. Is Germany rogering the French again?
  6. From today's Daily Telegraph, Jeremy Warner has said, and I quote:

The bottom line is that at this stage, Mr Cameron is not going to stand in the way of what Europeans want to do. The UK Government's primary objective remains that of limiting the immediate damage the eurozone crisis is inflicting on the UK economy. All else is secondary. Mr Cameron's threats are mere hot air.

That sounds about right to me. I've always thought that Cameron was a useless berk. Clearly, we are about to fall between two stools again - making threats that we won't follow up on and, in doing so, piss off our neighbours so much that they won't consider entertaining any of our requests. We are in a very strong position, but Cameron is clearly too stupid to (a) understand this and (b) exploit this.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Could/may. No it has already started. In Spain the incoming prime minister has already dropped his trousers and bent down for the Boxheads. His policies are those which are required by Berlin not those that are required by the Spanish Nation. In return he isdesperately seeking to be part of the club that makes the decisions, which as he will find out is only for show, berlin is calling the shots even Sarkozy id falling in line. Italy and Greece are doing what Reichfuhrer Angela says and adjusting their policies to conform to her requirements.

Cameron's problem will be that if he fails to conform, as is required by the Nation's interests, he will be cold-shouldered and left outside the club. However as this club is undemocratic and run by the biggest muscle then that's not a bad thing. Angela is flexing her muscles and finding that others are falling into line, and she is loving it, more will follow.
    Deutschland uber alles, finally is coming true.
  8. European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the European Union rather than German, which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, the British Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5-year phase-in plan that would become known as "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy.

The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of "k". This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f". This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible.

Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling.

Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent "e" in the languag is disgrasful and it should go away.

By the 4th yer peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v".

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl.

Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.

Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in ze forst plas.
    • Like Like x 7
  9. He who pays the piper calls the tune.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I got a bit of grief off Eric this morning with regards to British press coverage of Merkel. They don't like the moustache! Whilst looking for the offending images online I stumbled accross a load of conspiracy stuff about Merkel being the daughter of Hitler. Something about KGB files linking her with Dr Karl Clauberg, an artificial insemination pioneer who had saved a few straws of Führer juice and shot the lot off up Eva Braun's sister. Load of rhubarb probably but when i saw her face....
  11. The Euro should be allowed to collapse, yes abit of economic striff for a few months, but it means that Countries can go back to trading the way they want to trade, they can set their own interst rates etc, etc.

With Germany now calling the shots and large financial repremands for countries who do not obey ze orders....revolution will follow very soon!!
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Have to say I am inclined to think that going the Greater 4th Reich way will end up with a shooting competition quicker than any break up of the EU.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. FFS,all they 're doing is buggering about with,the conditions laid down in 1997.

[ Member states had to meet strict criteria such as a budget deficit of less than 3% of their GDP, a debt ratio of less than 60% of GDP, low inflation, and interest rates close to the EU average. ] (Google) Policed that well.didn't they?

Oops,they failed to live with those little 'rules',what are they going to do now? :muhaha:
  14. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Nothing wrong with the Growth and Stability Pact in principle - except for the fact it was just a pact, not actually a rule.........something they are belatedly getting around to sorting.....
  15. Makes you wonder about ulterior motives when they let these countries into the EU in the first place. Were they hoping for a meltdown as part of the endgame to 'unite' us all under the Hermans from long, long ago ?

I mean, we all knoew the Greeks were lying about meeting the conditions laid down and why/are they so keen to get the Turks into the Union ?

It's them Bilderbergers I tell you !!!!!!