Germans still say they are superior.....

It would seem that a war of words has broken out between Germany and Italy,,This happened on Holocaust Day....

I know it's from the Huff Post but still watching old allies go at each other is my kind of political fun....

'We May Have Schettino But You Have Auschwitz' Italian-German Media Row Over Costa Concordia
Hope that 'Glorius Bomb' is reading this?....just to remind him that it's not only the Brits who like fecking off the box heads.

The Polish aren't too impressed either.

Poland breaks EU taboo and mentions the war - Telegraph

It is true, we Italians are guilty of 30 passenger deaths because of Schettino. You Germans killed six million.
The Romans were a bit naughty too, as I recall from history lessons.

The Romans were a bit naughty too, as I recall from history lessons.
We've forgiven the Romans. The Vikings too. The French, sort of. The only reason we haven't forgiven the Germans yet is that we're still jealous of the superior fashion sense of the SS.

We've forgiven the Romans. The Vikings too. The French, sort of. The only reason we haven't forgiven the Germans yet is that we're still jealous of the superior fashion sense of the SS.
Designed by none other than Hugo Boss I'll have you know. We had to put up with stuff made by Kangol - now reduced to making shit caps and seatbelts.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Hope that 'Glorius Bomb' is reading this?....just to remind him that it's not only the Brits who like fecking off the box heads.
Well to be fair, the Das Spiegel article was pretty much a carbon copy of every second post on here about the Costa Concordia; to wit 'If I went on a cruise I'd want the Captain to be a Brit or Scandinavian - you can't trust Italians, they're all cowards'

Schaden

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
you can't trust Italians, they're all cowards'

Well...

B

Biscuits_AB

He's got that 80s thing going on. Looks a bit like MiT...(anybody who attended his first meet should ping this one).

Attachments

Yup, German racism, no surprise there.........S.P.O.N. - Der Schwarze Kanal: Italienische Fahrerflucht - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten - Politik.....after the Paddington railcrash I had a clash with a German who wreckoned that it could never happen in Germany, because Germans were better engineers and reliable rail operators. Since the Enschede disaster and the interesting little crash of their high speed maglev train he's taken my advice and is keeping his fucking trap shut.

The surprise is that the Spiegel has a seemingly Nazi columnist.

Well to be fair, the Das Spiegel article was pretty much a carbon copy of every second post on here about the Costa Concordia; to wit 'If I went on a cruise I'd want the Captain to be a Brit or Scandinavian - you can't trust Italians, they're all cowards'
Have they donated to H4H, by way of payment for ghost-writing services rendered?

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Because a large part of pre-war eastern Poland was permanently annexed (stolen) by the USSR in 1945.

But what matters now is that all parties in Europe accept the current national boundaries, 'fair' or 'unfair' (easy for an Englishman to say though) so that we NEVER have another war over them.

Quite right, the article is bang on, but in Spiegel, a smug German polit flagship rag, set up by we Brits post war to inculcate the Hermanns with alien notions like: democracy, constructive critique, political debate not fought with bayonettes and neighbourly love which doesn't involve crematoria! Well you'd expect them to be PC, i.e. to lie like fuck without geeing up the wops!

It would seem that a war of words has broken out between Germany and Italy,,This happened on Holocaust Day....

I know it's from the Huff Post but still watching old allies go at each other is my kind of political fun....

'We May Have Schettino But You Have Auschwitz' Italian-German Media Row Over Costa Concordia
In a column Jan Fleischhauer wrote: “Is anyone astonished by the fact that the Captain of the Costa Concordia is Italian? It would be difficult to imagine a German or even a British Captain doing a similar manoeuvre and then fleeing."
"even" a British Captain???? :evil: That's fighting talk.

The Poles are upset that they have a lower population because of those killed in the war. However, a big chunk of modern Poland was Germany in the war; would that not balance it out. Or are we going to start looking at the Rhineland next.

I think the Polish fella was trying to tell the Gemans, in his own subtle way that, generally, you don't get more votes due to the size of your own countries population.

As for the History of Poland and even the Prussian states, well that's another story.