Germans invade Wales

They had a panzer training place there up until very recently....

LARD

War Hero
Don't come down that ladder Gerhardt, I've taken it away.

The European Union commissioners have announced that agreement has been reached to adopt English as the preferred language for European communications, rather than German, which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, the British government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a five-year phased plan for what will be known as EuroEnglish (Euro for short).

In the first year, "s" will be used instead of the soft "c". Sertainly, sivil servants will resieve this news with joy. Also, the hard "c" will be replaced with "k". Not only will this klear up konfusion, but typewriters kan have one less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced by "f". This will make words like "fotograf" 20 per sent shorter.

In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkorage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of silent "e"s in the languag is disgrasful, and they would go.

By the fourth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" by "z" and "w" by " v".

During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou", and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.
Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in ze forst place....

See those two houses over there? Mine is the one in the middle!

E

error_unknown

Booty said:
"Zer raids in Spain ver mainly by my planes"
thanks for that you have made an old man happy. However one difference between me and our boxheaded friend is that when i go home to Wales tomorrow I will have to pay four pound eighty for the pleasure of crossing the bridge!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bravo_Bravo said:
Is this a Wah? (And it was more "Over there" than "up" there.)

Anyway, back to Herr Schroeder:

He could go out to the local pubs without being pestered

Ann Jackson
Strange, because IMO, there's nothing nothing makes a visit to a quiet country pub more enjoyable than the exchange of some witty repartee and a bloody good grin with a Boxhead.

Where the hell is he going to park his towel at this time of year?

More to the point, has Recce_Cpl extended an invitation to the Arrse Crawl in Cardiff?

flash_to_bang said:
Booty said:
"Zer raids in Spain ver mainly by my planes"
thanks for that you have made an old man happy. However one difference between me and our boxheaded friend is that when i go home to Wales tomorrow I will have to pay four pound eighty for the pleasure of crossing the bridge!!!!!!!!!!!!
To the French as well! They own the bridge. Bet that cheers you up no end.

My Coy visited the Boxheads at Caslemartin on the edge of Wales and had a great time. We watched an excellent live fire shoot and were given a tour of the camp - it was the cleanest military base I have ever been on! Even the RTR lads attached looked smarter!

Mien Vater ist mien bruder.

Comensie Hiem zu eine echtes feuer!

(Sorry, it's been a long time since Basic German!)

I think they had Leopards up there. Met a guy from the Bundeswehr in a pub who said he had been stationed there.

Quite weird really. I have no idea why they were there. Surely we are not taking up that much room in the Fatherland that they have to come here to train are we?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Bravo_Bravo said:
I walked the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path a couple of years ago and nearly fell over when I found we were walking behind the targets, the two which most gave me a warm feeling being a Scorpion (not immediately recognisable without any bins at all) and a Mark 2 Ferret.

I noticed that the incumbent RSM's name (available on the notice boards to allow walkers to phone and learn firing times to avoid becoming like wild boar at Hohne) reminded me terribly of a young lad in our squadron when I left in 1982.