Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German Woman, 95, Charged With Complicity In More Than 10,000 Murders During WWII

windswept398

War Hero
@windswept398 : ever been to Germany ?

You don't have to journey far to find a Kz - try a little town just 30km North of Hannover.

Following the liberation of Belsen camp, the British Army circulated films and literature amongst the local people:

Screenshot-www.youtube.com-2021.02.20-15_28_35.png

View attachment 551175

One of the bitterest ironies is that amongst the survivors of Auschwitz who were evacuated to Belsen was a 15 year old girl called Anne Frank....

Standing in the grassy central avenue of Belsen camp in 2004, looking down , I found a small plaque with her name on it, in a pit where she had been buried with 500 other victims.

There was also a larger memorial wall with inscriptions in 8 different European languages. The one in French says:

' To the memory of the 30,000 French citizens who were murdered here. Their only crime was to love their country. '

There is also a separate memorial to the estimated 100,000 Soviet PoWs who died there, mostly starved to death.

By all means never forget.

But don't pontificate about a regime and a climate of which you apparently have no concept.

Cowardice or bravery doesn't enter into it

@windswept398 : ever been to Germany ?

You don't have to journey far to find a Kz - try a little town just 30km North of Hannover.

Following the liberation of Belsen camp, the British Army circulated films and literature amongst the local people:

Screenshot-www.youtube.com-2021.02.20-15_28_35.png

View attachment 551175

One of the bitterest ironies is that amongst the survivors of Auschwitz who were evacuated to Belsen was a 15 year old girl called Anne Frank....

Standing in the grassy central avenue of Belsen camp in 2004, looking down , I found a small plaque with her name on it, in a pit where she had been buried with 500 other victims.

There was also a larger memorial wall with inscriptions in 8 different European languages. The one in French says:

' To the memory of the 30,000 French citizens who were murdered here. Their only crime was to love their country. '

There is also a separate memorial to the estimated 100,000 Soviet PoWs who died there, mostly starved to death.

By all means never forget.

But don't pontificate about a regime and a climate of which you apparently have no concept.

Cowardice or bravery doesn't enter into it.
I have. And I've been to the places you speak of more than once. We clearly have different opinions on this matter.

regarding dobbing in your neighbours, German style; it was found by one researcher that the Gestapo had kept all the letters they recieved and one woman who had written to the Gestapo, had tried to get her neighbour shifted out of her apartment, on the basis that she had one more teenager than the other woman. Both women had their husbands away on war service. When the Gestapo man went to interview her (the dobber), he soon realised that it was no more than petty jealousy and wrote that on the interview form and dismissed the woman and gave her a bollocking for wasting police time. No action was taken against the other woman,who was completely unaware.

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
regarding dobbing in your neighbours, German style; it was found by one researcher that the Gestapo had kept all the letters they recieved and one woman who had written to the Gestapo, had tried to get her neighbour shifted out of her apartment, on the basis that she had one more teenager than the other woman. Both women had their husbands away on war service. When the Gestapo man went to interview her (the dobber), he soon realised that it was no more than petty jealousy and wrote that on the interview form and dismissed the woman and gave her a bollocking for wasting police time. No action was taken against the other woman,who was completely unaware.

dobbing is hardwired into The German DNA.

arrived at a campsite just as the gates closed @10pm.
Camp rules, no vehicle movements after 10pm
Hun campers dutifully trotted off to The Camping Fuhrer to report me.
I was duly told off for breaking Der rules.
Apparently, I should have stopped inside the gate, then unloaded the car and humped the stuff the 100m to my camping pitch, not driven there.
the Germans - it’s all in Der ordung.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Dobbing
On a much smaller scale, In Germany I lived about 50m from another house, the occupier was the QM and his older German wife. One Sunday afternoon I made to burn my garden weeds, indeed a very small fire. I next saw the QM's wife and a local polizei at my gate. They entered and using the QM's wife to interpret, she went on and warned me that I was breaking the law and could face prosecution., she had bubbled me....Bloody infuriating.

It didn't stop there, She ran the wives club, I was the MTO. We used to run non-official veh trips for them. I stopped one or two of them, then let them go on again. When I let them continue, I met her outside the Naafi, where she thanked me, I replied "Oh that's Ok, I just don't want to appear to be too German!'

Last edited:

Apparently, I should have stopped inside the gate, then unloaded the car and humped the stuff the 100m to my camping pitch, not driven there.
So you're wailing because you were wrong at every single point of your little story?

If it really took place like that, I have my doubts because in your genes there seems to be a good portion of bullshitting and jingoism hardwired, you accuse and insult other people because you
a) were not able to be there on time.
b) apparently were not able to read and understand a simple sign.
c) you thought you could simply ignore the rules, because you are the one and everyone has to bow down to you.

But of course the evil Nazi Germans with the gene are to blame.
A normal polite person, even a German, asks the owner or employee of the campsite if it is ok to drive in after 2200 hrs and if he really wants to overdo it he warns his direct neighbors.

I don't know if the problem is you or the Germans, but a few decades ago you would have made an extremely good one.

The Oirish, it's all playing the fiddle and accusing others for their ineptitude.

Or in my own families case threatening women with children with liquidation cos they’re english. Something to be rather proud of. Specially when daddy’s away.
When ideology, religion and hatred come into play, monsters with no inhibitions can be found in all nations.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
if ze Herren had managed to stall the Allied advance in Winter 1944, we were going to nuke a couple of German cities pour encourage les Herren.

Really, Paddy?

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
You’d a been struggling, even the yanks weren’t near ready until after Germany surrendered

Col Paul Tibet’s says you are wrong > 14.00 onwards

the only reason there isn’t a peace park in Berlin and Nuremburg is Der Fuherers last thrown of the dice in December didnt extend the war out to August.

Last edited:

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
a) were not able to be there on time.
b) apparently were not able to read and understand a simple sign.
c) you thought you could simply ignore the rules, because you are the one and everyone has to bow down to you.

your Germaness shines through....

so, its OK to drive Through the gate as Herr Gate Orderly was closing it, but Verbotten to drive for an extra 15 seconds to park where I’m bloody camping - Ze rules are written in tablets of stone Mein herr!

I had my revenge...
I threw all the recyclables in the non recyclable bin.
Properly drives the Recycling Fuhrer nuts.

so, its OK to drive Through the gate as Herr Gate Orderly was closing it, but Verbotten to drive for an extra 15 seconds to park where I’m bloody camping - Ze rules are written in tablets of stone Mein herr!

I had my revenge...
Ah yes, my "Germaness" whatever that may be. Some would also call it common sense.
Well, at least I haven't met a German who checked with a stopwatch how long it took him to break the rules.
Where I come from, they would call that anal.
I'm also not convinced that anyone would make a fuss or denounce you for 15 seconds.

If they did, they can be glad that you didn't have your "Nuke" with you.
Acting like a petulant child is not "revenge" by the way, it just says something about the person.

In my squad, when someone behaved like that, I used to provide fun, games and excitement in the fresh air and it always worked. After we were through, the person in question saw the error of his ways.

I had my revenge...

"I had my revenge...
Properly drives the Recycling Fuhrer nuts
".

That was rather a childish thing to do.

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/posts/10608052/react?reaction_id=1

Col Paul Tibet’s says you are wrong > 14.00 onwards

the only reason there isn’t a peace park in Berlin and Nuremburg is Der Fuherers last thrown of the dice in December didnt extend the war out to August.

I don't care what paul Tibbets said
The date of his letter of authority was the 9th December 1944. "If I could have done it, I would," isn't exactly they were ready. Bearing in mind that originally Lancasters that were ear marked for the Japanese drop. Moroever there's reference to June [1945]- The war was already over in Europe. Bearing in mind that the Americans had been dealing with the Atomic project probably since 1939 not the vaunted 41-2 advanced Oppenheimer project, the earlier turned into the other they didn't do too bad just five years lead time.

Any one else read that and see
Selfish and lazy Man breaks rules - disturbs everyone on the camp site - late at night doesnt agree with bollocking because the rule was inconvinient.

I live in France where just about everyone thinks the rules should apply to everyone except them and a death toll on the roads to prove it.

Perhaps not so unreasonable to challenge ignorant behaviour after all

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
I don't care what paul Tibbets said
The date of his letter of authority was the 9th December 1944. "If I could have done it, I would," isn't exactly they were ready. Bearing in mind that originally Lancasters that were ear marked for the Japanese drop. Moroever there's reference to June [1945]- The war was already over in Europe. Bearing in mind that the Americans had been dealing with the Atomic project probably since 1939 not the vaunted 41-2 advanced Oppenheimer project, the earlier turned into the other they didn't do too bad just five years lead time.

as I said...... if the war had been extended by Hitlers little foray into the Ardennes in December 1945. which of it had gotten to Antwerp would have extended things into late 1945.
And if it had, places like Mainz, Nuremburg and Berlin were on the instant sunshine list.

The Germans do love to fondly imagine the Americans wouldn’t have nuked them as they were ‘civilised Europeans’, but oh yes, they would, you were always the original target.

shame it didn’t go on a bit, after the liberation of the camps revealed the full horror of what Germans had done, it totally deserved some nuclear punishment beatings.

Latest Threads