German Troopers Suspended

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by BashaBasher, Oct 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Two German Troops Serving in Afghanistan have been suspended for playing with Human Skulls.

Berlin- Two German soldiers photographed playing with human skulls in Afghanistan have been suspended from duty, Defence Minister Franz Josef Jung said on Friday. The pair were among a group of six who appeared in a series of macabre pictures published by the mass-circulation Bild newspaper earlier this week.

The images showed men dressed in German army combat fatigues playing with a skull on military vehicles. One of the photos showed a soldier exposing his penis while holding the skull in his right hand.

Its all ere
  2. Poor bastards, not really on as there is no bad sentiments on the Afghani side!
  3. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

come on, most singlies rooms display warry photos and also pads collections :(
  4. I fail to see the drama...
  5. Krauts with a Brit sense of humoir, most disturbing.
    What next ?
  6. Well as long as they don't start wearing them as a capbadge again ...
  7. Ahhh, the good old days!!!
  8. Now that is a quality posting!
  9. Typical, if the skulls had beeen alive would this have been worse, we beat them when they are alive and get jailed, they beat them/molest when they can't complain and they are still wrong................. infantry always mis-understood.
  10. Where's the sense of humor gone? If it were brit officers it would be called High Jinx!
  11. They have a foolproof defence... they were rehearsing for a Shakespearean dram of some sort....

Alas, poor Abdul! I knew him, Hans: a fellow
    of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath
    borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how
    abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rims at
    it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know
    not how oft. Where be your gibes now? your
    gambols? your songs? your flashes of merriment,
    that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one
    now, to mock your own grinning? quite chap-fallen?
    Now get you to my lady's chamber, and tell her, let
    her paint an inch thick, to this favour she must
    come; make her laugh at that.

12. So it ok when we have it as a motto .But not for the boxheads?
    Not very european is it :D .
    Cant see what the problem is at least they are not eating afganis.
  13. you can't see what the problem is? image of course! the german news said that an officer lead the guys to a cemetery in an afgahn village, where they "helped themselves". supported by somebody they interviewed, who was 'apparently' there and some footage of the cemetary with opened graves. they didn't mention the penis exposure though.

soldiers desecrating graves isn't really good PR.

even if they didn't desecrate any graves, it's still bad PR!

come on, the soldiers involved are obviously complete idiots. what they did was utterly pointless, not even funny.

in fact, it's even waltish behaviour, digging up skulls and using them for badarse pictures.

14. Proper_Gander is totally right: It´s extremely bad to PR.
    The truth behind the story is about this:

The bones and skulls were not buried in a proper cemetary but in a clay-pit. It seems that the local people used the clay for their houses and packed the bones aside. The german soldiers were on patrol and came there regularly and took some disgusting photos.
    There are still investigations if officers were involved - If they knew about this and did nothing they could be responsible too.

The "funny" thing is that the pictures were takes already in 2003 and 2004. Noone interviewed the squaddies back then but someone passed the pictures to a newspaper - possibly to earn money with it. Interesting that the Bild-"Newspaper" released them just at the very same day when the new white book of the Bundeswehr was released. Guess they waited for the right time :twisted:

Though it may not have been a crime taking those pictures it sure was
    - bad for the PR of the German Federal Forces and for Germany
    - bad for the security of the ISAF soldiers in A-Stan
  15. This is being discussed on another´s getting much better though,as it turns out that a trip to the mass grave was a high-light for visiting Generals and Politicians............get yer brollies,fan etc. :p