• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

German translation

#1
I need to find out what schmeckling means or I'll be showparaded on my long weekend. Any help would be great. Any other german words that I can use to get one over on my Cpl would be appreciated too.
 
#2
Well, that's an easy one, mucker. It doesn't mean anything! It's not a word! At a pinch, it could be interpreted as the word "Schmetterling" (butterfly), when used by kiddies still learning the language.

Hope this helps.

MsG
 
#5
Okay - I've been speaking German for years.

I reckon Butterfly however you're saying it wrong.

:D
 
#6
Cheers guys and girls, anyone heard of it as a slang word in german, as close as it is to butterfly I'd guess my Cpl is looking for an altogether dirter answer.Cheers for the help so far.
 
#7
Closet_Jibber said:
Okay - I've been speaking German for years.

I reckon Butterfly however you're saying it wrong.

:D
not wrong Jib :D ...don't speak German...however the translator on google came up with "schmeckle" as being to do with taste......??? :?
 
#8
Oh, other words you can use on your full-screw: Arschgeige, Pißqualle, Schafsäckel, Dumpftrottel, Lümmeltütenschlecker, Rotzschlürfer, Pfeifenkauer, Schlapparsch, Pfeife, Schlappschwanz, Dözigdummer, Flachwichser, Rosettenlecker, um nur einige zu nennen (just to name a few).

Lab dich dran/Bedien dich (fill yer boots).

MsG
 
#9
hotshot...look at my earlier post and follow the link....I guess it might be what you are looking for......(oh...that may not be what I mean to say.....!!!)
 
#10
Also "Smart arrse" seems fitting!
 
#11
blueygirl said:
Closet_Jibber said:
Okay - I've been speaking German for years.

I reckon Butterfly however you're saying it wrong.

:D
not wrong Jib :D ...don't speak German...however the translator on google came up with "schmeckle" as being to do with taste......??? :?
Also not wrong. "Schmeckle" is a specifically Swabian word for a very special treat. Otherwise called "Leckerbissen" in typical German.

MsG
 
#12
Bugsy said:
blueygirl said:
Closet_Jibber said:
Okay - I've been speaking German for years.

I reckon Butterfly however you're saying it wrong.

:D
not wrong Jib :D ...don't speak German...however the translator on google came up with "schmeckle" as being to do with taste......??? :?
Also not wrong. "Schmeckle" is a specifically Swabian word for a very special treat. Otherwise called "Leckerbissen" in typical German.

MsG
:D ...I suspect we may be getting closer....... (oh, I'm going to hell for even being able to think of derivatives........ :twisted: )
 
#13
blueygirl said:
Bugsy said:
blueygirl said:
Closet_Jibber said:
Okay - I've been speaking German for years.

I reckon Butterfly however you're saying it wrong.

:D
not wrong Jib :D ...don't speak German...however the translator on google came up with "schmeckle" as being to do with taste......??? :?
Also not wrong. "Schmeckle" is a specifically Swabian word for a very special treat. Otherwise called "Leckerbissen" in typical German.

MsG
:D ...I suspect we may be getting closer....... (oh, I'm going to hell for even being able to think of derivatives........ :twisted: )
Just to complicate matters a little further, "Schmecken" in Swiss-German means "to smell", replacing the normal German word of "riechen".

MsG
 
#15
A smelly treat indeed. Thanks all for your help with that. A weekend of boozing followed by a week of starvation on PAYD awaits!!
 
#16
Bugsy said:
Oh, other words you can use on your full-screw: Arschgeige, Pißqualle, Schafsäckel, Dumpftrottel, Lümmeltütenschlecker, Rotzschlürfer, Pfeifenkauer, Schlapparsch, Pfeife, Schlappschwanz, Dözigdummer, Flachwichser, Rosettenlecker, um nur einige zu nennen (just to name a few).

Lab dich dran/Bedien dich (fill yer boots).

MsG
Genius!
 
#17
Rockstar said:
Bugsy said:
Oh, other words you can use on your full-screw: Arschgeige, Pißqualle, Schafsäckel, Dumpftrottel, Lümmeltütenschlecker, Rotzschlürfer, Pfeifenkauer, Schlapparsch, Pfeife, Schlappschwanz, Dözigdummer, Flachwichser, Rosettenlecker, um nur einige zu nennen (just to name a few).

Lab dich dran/Bedien dich (fill yer boots).

MsG
Genius!
Actually, not quite so genius, but thanks for the accolade anyway, Rockstar.

It was only when I read your post that I realised I'd spelled one of the epithets wrongly. It should be "Dösigdummer", with an "s" and not with a "z". How embarrassing!

MsG
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top