German Speeding - info please

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by bigpod, Sep 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am awaiting paperwork to sign that I was the driver (I think I was) doing 17kph in a 7kph zone.

Does anyone know the likely penalty?

2. Something doesn't add up here. What paperwork are you waiting for? Did you get a ticket in the mail? Wasn't there a nice little mugshot of you at the wheel on it? Don't sign anything, first of all.
  3. I got a 1 month ban for exceeding the speed limit on the slip road going onto the autobahn, I just came down the ramp and sped up to join the flow and there was plod-instant snapshot and hey ho, a trip to OC Admins office, coffee and biscuits were not an option. There was a fine too but I can't remember how much?
  4. I've never seen a 7kph speed limit...
  5. Beeb Beeb Beeb :D
  6. Ticket was sent to my boss via GTO (army white fleet vehicle), who is forwartding it to me, but tells me the photo is definitely me.
  7. Apparently it is normal to have a 7kph limit in certain residential areas in Germany. I was driving beside the Stadtpark in Gutersloh.
  8. Is it shite! 30kph in a residential zone is the normal. 7kph is about 4.5mph. Unenforceable. It would barely even register on a speedo.
  9. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

10. 7 kph Zone? No such animal. 10 Ks over the limit will get you a Warning Fee of € 15.00, via the CTOB, which is where I am right now. :D
  11. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

12. Further to my last, the only area with a snail speed limit is a Spielstrasse which is appropriately signposted. The speed limit is officialy described as "Schritttempo" (walking pace).
  13. I also looked it up. Didn't know that. :oops:
    Now, this is the sign:
    and the allowed speed is 4-7kmh 8O
  14. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Is that MDN going to grab Maddie with his getaway car in the background.