German soldiers on ARRSE

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Bugsy, Sep 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Being as the Bundeswehr is set to be deployed in the Middle East, I was wondering if I should extend an invitation to the German squaddies on the "Bundeswehrforum" to join us on the International Forum. Not only would they be able to give us the skinny on the Lebanon in a timely manner and with a different approach, there seems to be a dearth of Germans in general on ARRSE. Maybe we could all learn a bit too.

It'd probably be best to keep the Hitler and war jokes down a bit. And I really don't think they'd appreciate some ARRSEr Photoshopping funny little moustaches onto any piccies they might care to post. At least not until they've got to know the ropes a bit.

I thought I'd best see what the rest of you think of the idea before I made any move.

2. Ist that becauze ze germans have no sense of humour ja?
  3. Zat is a plan. Schwerpunkt on explaning ze humour of squaddies bei zer inwertation.
  4. No, crabby. It's because it'll take a while for them to get used to our sense of humour. I mean, even Brit civvies have their problems with it, don't they?

Apart from that, we should try not to scare them away right from the get-go. Don't forget, they're posting in a foreign language, so we should try and cut them some slack, don't you think?

5. Woah, someone needs a sense of humour transplant :D On totally unrelated subject... you got any german blood in you?:p

I wasn't going to be nasty to the Germans (they started it anyway - they invaded Poland) and I think some German contribution to arrse would be brilliant. Ja?

Oh, and for any boxheads that want to send me a crate of Wobbly I'll pm you my address :D
  6. Sorry about that, crabby. I misunderstood you. My apologies.:D :D :D

No, I've no German blood in me. I'm Irish, FFS! Although I speak, write and read fluent German. That's why I'm a translator.

All I was (unsuccessfully) trying to say was that they'll be a bit nervous because of the language barrier and will have difficulties with the usual ARRSE banter.

7. They shouldn't be so self-conscious, hell I only got 25 right on that poxy 'Wie Kack ist Ihr Deutsch?' test you posted!
  8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I think the Germans would add something usefull and interesting to the board. I've met quite a few with a great sense of humour so theres hope there ;)
  9. Well, to tell the truth, tearsbeforebedtime, even I got three wrong! That was a fückin' difficult test, man!
    I was heartened by the news that the Agency Manager who tipped me off about the test in the first place, a German by the name of Michael E, also admitted that he got 11 wrong. And he's a brief!

10. Hmmm, are you sure about that?
    I worked with the Kraut Army and Navy last year and I found them to be quite sarky barstewards. Top blokes and very very funny! A very dry sense of humour.
    Anyways, humour doesn't translate very well from one nationality to another.

Look at the Spams-they cannot grasp the concept of sarcasm easily.
  11. Ich war ein Deutsche Meister! Sorry Bugsy, biggin' it up again! I can't help myself!

...und ich liebe alte fachwerk!!!!
  12. Da kannst du gleich was lernen. Erlaube mir, dein Deutsch zu berichtigen: Ich war ein deutscher Meister (worin hast du aber nicht erwähnt)! ...und ich liebe altes Fachwerk!!!!
    Nur mal als Anhaltspunkt, Alter. :D :D :D

13. Errr yeah.....

I had one of those too but the wheels fell off.
  14. Bugsy, Du bist echt ein Angeber! Egal, lade mal die lieben Bundis ein und schauen wir mal ob es denen hier gefällt. Übrigens brauchst Du dies nicht berichtigen! Mein Abi ist lange her...
  15. I think I'm quite unique that I can speak quite a lot of German and even my grammar is good (for what I know), I can write very little German but then my grammar is poor. I can hardly read any German unless it's a simple statement such as a poster etc. and unless I start and conduct a conversation I find it difficult to understand German, picking up the odd word or two! But I can fcuk in German... as a far as I can remember!