German plug adapters.

Lamin

Clanker
Guys,

I need to purchase quite a few Uk to German plug adaptors, does anybody know where I can buy them in bulk in the UK?

Cheers.

Google.

I understand it has a rather useful search function.

dontenn

War Hero
Guys,

I need to purchase quite a few Uk to German plug adaptors, does anybody know where I can buy them in bulk in the UK?

Cheers.
Dunno..... I am scoffing a gyros mit zatziki...... its a far too technical question to answer.

Probably the worst advice to give if its expensive kit and still under warranty,Ie less than 2 years old and you have the receipt.
Or even simpler, change the plug on an extension and plug it into that - or be like me and have a few UK sockets wired into the kitchen for small appliances and phone chargers...

Probably the worst advice to give if its expensive kit and still under warranty,Ie less than 2 years old and you have the receipt.
Why? Have the krauts stopped using 220/240 volts or something - its just adding a plug to the end of a cable - its not rocket science....

Houseman

Old-Salt
Using adapters for any length time can null your warranty. Fire officers banned them in the singles accommodation.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Using adapters for any length time can null your warranty. Fire officers banned them in the singles accommodation.
They're not recommended in quarters, either, for the same reason. Swapping plugs has been standard practice for decades. Still got a box of German plugs somewhere, though some are Eastie Beastie ones.

CC_TA

LE
That bloody foreign electricity coming up our TV and buggering them up!

How is a German TV made in China plugged into the German national grid with a German plug any different to a British TV made in China using a German plug pugged into the German national grid?

My TV came with UK & European leads - so unless it's wired up by a completefuckingfucktard; what's the problem?

That bloody foreign electricity coming up our TV and buggering them up!

How is a German TV made in China plugged into the German national grid with a German plug any different to a British TV made in China using a German plug pugged into the German national grid?

My TV came with UK & European leads - so unless it's wired up by a completefuckingfucktard; what's the problem?

Something from past memory told me that cutting of a molded euro plug to fit a UK one could in some cases invalidate the warranty. I cannot find anything about it online so i am obviously wrong my apologies.

I have obviously spent far too long in the fatherland.

They're not recommended in quarters, either, for the same reason. Swapping plugs has been standard practice for decades. Still got a box of German plugs somewhere, though some are Eastie Beastie ones.
Didn't know that DDR had their own plugs, School day, and all that.

FWIW, I used to fit a German plug to a 4-way adaptor, nothing ever blew up on me. But I am REME of course an therefore superior to virtually everyone on here

Plug in left hand. Two turns of the lead around right hand. Steady heave and plug come off hopefully leaving you a bit of bare wire on the two cables in the lead,. Stuff two bared ends into the holes in the German socket and Roberts yer mum brother.

Best done when pissed on Asbach n coke.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Didn't know that DDR had their own plugs, School day, and all that.

FWIW, I used to fit a German plug to a 4-way adaptor, nothing ever blew up on me. But I am REME of course an therefore superior to virtually everyone on here
Same design as the West, just a lot cheaper and I am a Yorkshireman.

Latest Threads