German Para boots

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by callum13, Jan 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Been offered a brand new pair of kraut para boots for 25quid, My lowas serve me fine but could do with a better backup pair for in the field than issue ones.
    They any good, worth getting or not?
  2. A mate swears by them but I think the soles are not as good as the vibram ,to soft ,takes less to brake them in though .

Also a slightly wider fit than the standard lowa
  3. I know people who wore those back in the day. If you plan on walking whilst wearing them get some sorbothane insoles; the sole has a negligible shock-absorbing capacity. Better for assault courses than Lowas; bigger heel block.
  4. I had a pair and the got me over a lot of ground up in the hills. Comfortable with support where needed and not over weight. Just stay out of Poland!
  5. Cheers for the input lads, there mine now.
    fit me fine, fcuking lowas still wet from an ex 230920 years ago.
  6. Lowas are just hyped up crap (for the price)
  7. Seeing as you also think the bergan is the best bit of carrying kit, your views might not be taken seriously. Lowas are excellent boots - civ and mil - and have been for years.
  8. German para boots ? How f**king retro is that

Next the question will be is a Norgie jumper better than a softie jacket
  9. I'm just wondering, did these fall out of favour because they aren't "fashionable" anymore or were they only in favour in the first place because they were seen as "ally" or "Gucci" for a while?

Objectively, are they any good?

10. Next you'll be asking about "proper" NI gloves and not gloves combat :wink:
  11. They have got a really hard sole. The tongue seems to vary a bit as well - sometimes really thick and padded, sometimes a bit mean.

I don't think they will let you parachute in them (ironically) - loop eyelets can get caught in rigging, supposedly.

They were a lot better than combat highs. Para boots, lightweights and a Nato parka versus combat highs, heavy cotton lined breeks with the crotch around your knees, and a cotton smock - no contest :D
  12. Issue kit is for winners (well most of it)
  13. Well the new issue fleece is a strong contender to the softie!!
  14. Really? When/where you use it?
  15. Are we all talking about the same boot here ?

are these NEW OLD STOCK eg 80s or NEW latests issue german para boots ,(very similar to lowas but no thisulate or gore tex.

If the former discard my original comment