German Navy in the doldrums

ugly

LE
Good, they never did anything useful as a service.

ugly

LE
In addition to the groundings have they scuttled any yet? Are they sure the groundings aren't landing craft doing their job?

AfghanAndy

On ROPS
On ROPs
A useful read for those who think only the UK has problems with our ships.

Baird Maritime - FEATURE: German Navy in the doldrums
I'd give you an 'informative' but I'm still in ROPs.

I suppose Germany doesn't really need to find its navy. One of the befits of getting the EU to do Germans foreign policy is that somebody else has got to foot the defence bill for poking the bear in the Ukraine.

ugly

LE
Good, they never did anything useful as a service.
The survivors of the prussian salients would disagree?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ugly

LE
"Engineering graduates shun weapons manufacturers in favor of “sexier” employers like conglomerate Siemens AG or car maker BMW AG, which offer better pay and career prospects, according to Mr. Mölling" isn't entirely correct, I'd say- in many cases it's decidedly less about sexiness than about the desire, openly voiced in private conversations, to not participate in anything related to military matters. Pacifism runs very deep in German society (cue funny comments about not starting wars to lose them?).

"Engineering graduates shun weapons manufacturers in favor of “sexier” employers like conglomerate Siemens AG or car maker BMW AG, which offer better pay and career prospects, according to Mr. Mölling" isn't entirely correct, I'd say- in many cases it's decidedly less about sexiness than about the desire, openly voiced in private conversations, to not participate in anything related to military matters. Pacifism runs very deep in German society (cue funny comments about not starting wars to lose them?).
This no doubt explains Germany's desire to have a European Army do their fighting for them...