Builds German Infantry Battle for France 1/35th scale Diorama.

Renault R 35 50666, commanded by Sgt Chatenay (KIA) of the 1er BCC. During the combat in Noyon, this R 35 took 3 x 37 mm ATK on the side.

20210130_210656.jpg

Renault R 35 50666, commanded by Sgt Chatenay (KIA) of the 1er BCC. During the combat in Noyon, this R 35 took 3 x 37 mm ATK on the side.

View attachment 544681

With the apparent full penetration shot forward as the reason for Sgt Chatenay's demise?

With the apparent full penetration shot forward as the reason for Sgt Chatenay's demise?

Yes, the PaK was extremely close, it was an urban combat situation. The picture nevertheless shows that the armor was of sufficient quality not to break up in slabs after 3 well grouped ATK rounds at close range.

Last edited:

Daz

LE
Just purchased the Hobby Boss Vickers Medium Mkll**. No internals, but there is a upgrade for it.
Well, I just purchased a 1:1 scale set of ALICE webbing in black......some assembly required :)

Daz

LE

Daz

LE
The point what I didn’t make very well, I also got a Hobby Boss kit it’s got zilch inside. While the R35 comes with full interior, I’ve got to buy an upgrade kit.:censored:
I know how you feel, I had to buy some pouches to upgrade the ALICE belt and suspender set :)

anyway, back to the model in Question, the engine is complex and made of many tiny parts, the instructions are a bit basic in showing where these parts actually connect.
gear lever b.jpg

the painting of the engine, the gearbox is dark green.
painted engine a.jpg

the parts made up so far
painted engine b.jpg

drivers seat frame PE part.
pe seat base b.jpg

the suspension has to be built to be believed, the bogies are each made up from12 parts, yes 12 !, and four of those are pe parts that have to be bent precisely to the right dimensions to fit inside the bogie halves.
parts.jpg

fiddley is the word here, taking regular breaks to make a cup of tea. Constantly adjusting until the top plates go on, and then there are four points of accurate contact that need to meet before the glue sets.
open unit one side.jpg

I made a mess of the first, but by the time I got to number four bogie I had perfected a routine order of assembly.
unit made up.jpg

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
the suspension has to be built to be believed, the bogies are each made up from12 parts, yes 12 !, and four of those are pe parts that have to be bent precisely to the right dimensions to fit inside the bogie halves.
View attachment 545208
fiddley is the word here, taking regular breaks to make a cup of tea. Constantly adjusting until the top plates go on, and then there are four points of accurate contact that need to meet before the glue sets.
View attachment 545209
I made a mess of the first, but by the time I got to number four bogie I had perfected a routine order of assembly.
'Kin 'Ell madness.