German Home Brews

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by The Murse, Mar 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone got know any places to buy a home brew kit for weissbier dunkel.

I've managed to make decent real ale before but wanna make some decent Bavarian beirs like Erdinger Dunkel.

In Tesco it is over 2 pounds a bottle, outrageous compared to German supermarkets.

Any suggestions?
  2. Buy the real deal bottles online? There's loads of places what'll import it for you at a fraction of the British supermarket prices, even when taking shipping costs into account. I had a few cases of Desperado imported the other year and the saving for each bottle worked out at about £1.20 cheaper.
  3. Good thinking. Did you use a UK firm or one at the other end? The UK ones I've looked at are about supermarket price.
    I know some German supermarkets sell good bier for about 50 Cent or less, might be a way of ordering from them.
  4. It aint schwarz bier Mate its Pils
    You been to Schwetzingen then?
  5. Yup. Was visiting a friend in USAREUR and went to Schwetzingen Brauhaus and was suprised to find that you can smoke in the main bar. I had the black bier and the wife suffered on the trip home.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Not come across that one before. Where's that brewery then?
  7. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

8. In the Black Forest, near the Feldberg. It is to be found most everywhere in Germany now, if you look for it, but still only to be found on tap fairly close to it's origin.
  9. Its one of my "locals" You missed the Welde Brewery in Plankstadt :nod:

Welde - Party, ausgehen, genießen. WeldeBier ist dabei!
    Well worth a visit(I can walk there)
  10. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

You should be able to find everything you need here: - Bier brauen, Selbstbrauen, Hausbrauen und Heimbrauen