German Helmet

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Howler, Jan 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A once in a lifetime offer!
    You could be the proud owner of a WW2 German infantry helmet.
    Excellent condition, new innards, plus goggles.

There comes a point in a man's life when he has to say goodbye to his most treasured possessions, so it is with a heavy heart and wobble of bottom lip that I offer this up for auction.

I will post piccies when I've worked it out or if someone would like to pm me with instructions (I've already read the help section).

All money collected goes to MDN's charity so please let him know when the money's in the kitty and I will dispatch the helmet next week sometime.

I'd like about 30 quid to buy an injured soldier a pizza and a couple of beers. I'll stop the auction on Tuesday.

Happy bidding!
  2. Any chance of a piccie
  3. I'll start the ball rolling at £30 then :D
  4. Sure, here you go.

5. Could we have a picture of Bobby's helmet? :wink:
  6. Howler,

If the helmet in question has a .303 size hole in it's side and still has the remnents of matted blond hair encrusted to the inner then not only will I make an offer I will ejaculate.
  7. I've taken about 5 pictures, but can't seem to get them from my PC to the forum?
    Any help appreciated.
  8. Best lot of pussy I have seen for a while, now where is the sellotape :D
  9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Ok then for all who've wanted to see Howlers Helmet!
    Fnnarr Fnarr:

There you go resized as they were a tad small in the e mail!
    I'd love one for riding around on a zundapp motorcycle combo but I dont have that either!
  10. Many thanks, Ugly.

Due to unexpected delays we can extend the deadline to Friday 1st Feb.

To give you all a bit of history:
    Bought in Zabzre, also known as Hindenberg, Poland in 1998. Paid the princely sum of 20 quid for it (Or equivalent of).

I was told, through a translator, that it is an original German helmet that was painted, repaired and used as a fireman's helmet in East Germany after the war.

It has spent the last ten years in a suitcase and is used as a kind of metaphor, by my wife, for impulsive, pointless wastage of money.

"Do we need an electric tin opener, or is it going to be another German helmet?"

If you need any more details let me know.

I'll pay the postage to England.
  11. Well done to the Phantom!

You've got a bargain there and for a good cause.
    You could probably sell it at a collectors' fair for double that, good luck!

Auction closed.
  12. payment sent,

now what am I going to do with the bloody thing?
  13. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

reauction for 2 weeks, I will start at £45, I could double that easily on ebay
  14. wait till I get bored annoying the neighbours with it first!