German Engineering Yields New Warship That Isn't Fit for Sea

JoeCivvie

ADC
RIP
Bugger - despite several searches before posting this I now see it's already been mentioned elsewhere.

Did they outsource the IT side to India ?

Any thing that slows down and impedes the Boxheads third attempt at world domination, Whether it be by financial or military means. is OK by me.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Now that the Germans seem to be mastering the art of producing crap, is that why UK buying BOXER ??
It's basically a soggy 7000 ton Teutonic FRES, poorly concieved and managed

Vorsprung Durch Technik

Or fcuked as we would say in the U.K.

But it's an interesting analogy for those who ask "why can't we just start making our own tanks / MPA again? After all, we used to be able to do it..."

It's basically a soggy 7000 ton Teutonic FRES, poorly concieved and managed
Typical Jerry - always going one better....

...I'll get me coat....

Germany hasn't had much luck recently. The Berlin airport, this ship, the VW scandal etc. etc....

German efficiency is very slowly losing the attraction....even tho of late their cars have become a lot better (apart from VW, which has taken a huge hit in terms of penalties.)

I guess for certain industries like defense (just like in the UK), it's huge gap in skill loss, especially when you get to build complex pieces of equipment.

But it's an interesting analogy for those who ask "why can't we just start making our own tanks / MPA again? After all, we used to be able to do it..."
We still build aircraft in the UK. I believe we still produce avionics and other systems required to find things in the water. I have no doubt that the UK aerospace industry could build a MPA.

It would probably take the 350 million a week for the next few years on the side of the bus to put the infrastructure in place to produce meaningful numbers of Challenger 3

Latest Threads